Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start off by saying this is really strange situation and I'm not crazy. This could totally be a coincidence.

I have a 2016 5.0 SL with 22k miles, had the truck for about eight months with no issues and I really do LOVE this truck. A few days ago, I was on the highway for about 30 minutes, when I got off on my exit and made a right turn onto a side street, noticed a strange looking van with a even stranger looking antenna contraption coming out of his rear bumper. It was about 20 feet of PVC piping connected to his antenna on his roof. When I passed directly in front of him, my radio which was on an AM station picked up whatever he was broadcasting for about three seconds. I could actually hear his voice. At that very moment, my check engine light came on, again I'm not crazy. I lost a little power but then recovered and I went another 1/4 mile home with slight hesitation.

After pulling the code, it came up as P1705 (throttle position sensor). Has anyone ever had this? A search on here brings up very little information.

I have a theory and you experts can tell me if you agree, I have a Power Commander connected. Could the rogue radio signal have zapped the Power Commander which in turn zapped throttle position sensor?

I just dropped the truck off at the dealer to check it out as well as I'm also getting the ECM recall done, and yes I removed the Power Commander. If it is a bad sensor, I really hope it's covered under the powertrain warranty as the warranty wording is very vague.

Any expert insight would be appreciated.

·
620 Posts
You mean Pedal Commander?

Did you check what setting it was on? Maybe you switched it to a lower setting? (Or the space ranger in the van did)

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry yes Pedal Commander, I was thinking Harley. No I did not think to check the setting. Just wanted to get it disconnected before I took it to the dealer this afternoon. We'll know more tomorrow.

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So dealer says the throttle position sensor harness was chewed by rodents. $670, not covered under warranty of course.

·
620 Posts
Insurance claim? Deductible might save you +100 bucks or so.

I would ask to see that harness for yourself. They tried to do that to me on Audi in like 2012 and it turned out to be the technician had ripped the wires out the plug by accident after a tool slipped. He didn’t wanna admit it because their boo-boos come out of their paycheck.

You really think you have rodents in the cab of your truck?? Or is the end that got chewed is under the hood??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts