Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone gotten this code? I am on a cross country trip and no Nissan dealer can get me for about 2 weeks to a month. I’m towing a trailer and I am wondering if anyone has had this code come on and what may have fixed it?

·
411 Posts
Has anyone gotten this code? I am on a cross country trip and no Nissan dealer can get me for about 2 weeks to a month. I’m towing a trailer and I am wondering if anyone has had this code come on and what may have fixed it?
Well, the code description for this one is not as intuitive as some--SCR malfunction of some kind. Are you getting a reduced power message or "miles until 5 mph" error message along with this? I imagine this might happen eventually if not already if the SCR control system is not operating properly. Don't see this one hurting your engine, but if it puts you in limp mode on your trip that is no fun. Maybe try clearing it and seeing if you can soldier on?....

Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel Terrestrial plant

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No it doesn’t have any power loss but it looks like the DEF is leaking out at the DPF. My trailer has residue in the front of it and the DPF has residue on it also

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got the problem resolved, it was the DEF injector on the SCR. Nissan wanted $551 for it, but a little research and I found out that it is the same injector as on the 6.7 from the same year. O’Reilly had it for way less than half the price and was easy to replace 8mm bolts and 10 minutes!

·
411 Posts
Thanks for the info! You are the first person I've heard of on the forum that has replaced the DEF injector (I think). Good to know that code might well indicate the injector and good to know it is the same as the 6.7 of the same year. I bought one form a wrecking yard off a low mile XD for 30 bucks a while back. Sitting on the shelf for the day it might be needed. Glad you are back in business

1 - 6 of 6 Posts