Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So from my first post, I went to the dealer for my check engine light with code p00af, they diagnosed it has the actuator, the issue now is this part is on national back order with no eta on availability, my question is would anyone know if I continue driving it with this issue, could it do damage to the engine or turbo?

Thx,
Rod

·
1,097 Posts
So from my first post, I went to the dealer for my check engine light with code p00af, they diagnosed it has the actuator, the issue now is this part is on national back order with no eta on availability, my question is would anyone know if I continue driving it with this issue, could it do damage to the engine or turbo?

Thx,
Rod
So, eventually, yes. If the actuator is malfunctioning then you could cause damage with back pressure on the turbine, etc. The truck will eventually go into limp mode or reduced speed mode.

If this is warranty work, you should be given a loaner. I know when I needed the coolant tank/sensor, it was also on back order. Due to the Rona, they had no loaners. I told them a preowned is fine, so they gave me a preowned vehicle sitting on their lot for about a week.

·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately, mine is out of warranty, it has 147,000 miles on it, I am trying to find out what to do, it has even come down to me looking at junk yards or possibly seeing if there is a company that could possibly rebuild it????

·
Premium Member
5 Posts

Thx,
Rod
Mine went out on 8-5-21. It has been sitting in my driveway ever since. I received a call today that my turbo actuator had been delivered to the dealership. Tomorrow it gets installed.
I know that Nissan has been waiting a long time and that they ordered more than they needed. May want to call around again to see if any are available.

·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, i just decided to park mine, till I figure out what to do, the dealer I have been dealing with ordered it for me, the advisor said 5 days out, but that was 2 weeks ago, and still hasn't arrived yet

·
1,319 Posts
Can you buy it through Cummins?

·
4 Posts

Thx,
Rod
I had the same issue about 6 months ago. The dealer service manger told me it was okay to continue driving the vehicle. I did so for a few days until the engine started to die while I was driving. Not good on an expressway. Went start back to dealer and left it. They did provide loaner car. It took less than a week to get the actuator. I did fill a complaint with Nissan kConsumer affairs at corporate level. That seemed to help expedite things. Good luck.

·
5 Posts
I had the same issue about 6 months ago. The dealer service manger told me it was okay to continue driving the vehicle. I did so for a few days until the engine started to die while I was driving. Not good on an expressway. Went start back to dealer and left it. They did provide loaner car. It took less than a week to get the actuator. I did fill a complaint with Nissan kConsumer affairs at corporate level. That seemed to help expedite things. Good luck.
What dealership got you your actuator? I need one pronto (y)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts