Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I spent some time ( about 5 hours ) at Phoenix Android Radios to do some testing of wiring harnesses, fitment and what is all needed for them to get this product out to us.

If you're not familiar with them here's a link
https://www.phoenixautomotiveinc.com

Phoenix pulled the radio, climate control and button panel off to take pictures and test out some wiring harnesses they already had for a Rogue & Teana. Just what was available today we got the radio to work as well as climate controls, including dual. The guy I was working with stated that rearview camera and 360 will function when complete, also mentioned they should be able to get Steering Wheel Controls to work. The plan right now is Phoenix will order blank bezels from Nissan, send to China for design to fit the 12" screen with all wiring harnesses and then do a actual Titan test fit. This process will take about 2-3 months. Once the unit comes in I will go back and they will install everything, making sure it fits/works and test everything imaginable.

I attached a photo of a setup they make for the Rogue, "hovering" where our Titan ones would fit. This is not what ours will like. The one they are making may/may not have buttons/knobs on it.

Attachments

·
167 Posts
So jealous, right now. Thanks for the follow up. I can't wait to see the final product. Do you know if there is any interest in other improvements?

·
158 Posts
I don't need the camera but I would want the steering wheel controls to work. If they figure that out, I'm buying one.

·
20 Posts
Looks good maybe they’ll get a apple car play item also. The stock Nav is the one thing I don’t like about my truck .

·
267 Posts
Not sure why they dont put something with 4gb of ram in them. Everything Android that runs only 1 or 2gb is much to laggy in my opinion. I'm sure the cost is very minimal and it would make the end experience much better.

And I would for sure want physical knobs for my AC.

·
1,300 Posts
That system is pretty **** cool looking.

Yep Nissan dropped their balls on that side of things for sure, radio/nav are not good. I like hard buttons but it should be at minimum a 8 or 9" screen. Also the cameras on the truck are terrible the resolution is just the sh*ts.

·
167 Posts
This is my first vehicle with a back up camera, so I really did not think anything of the camera's quality or understand why others were disappointed. Recently on travel, I had to rent a vehicle and the only car left was a Chevy Colorado. I hated every moment driving that POS, but I quickly recognized the clarity and resolution of the back up camera and now I understand.

·
18 Posts
Any idea if it will incorporate the factory SiriusXM module? The website states some vehicles are compatible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
420 Posts
I get totally frustrated with our system especially the connect to use the apps. Yes, even my 2014 F-150 had a better system than Nissan has.😤

·
174 Posts
I'm interested in this unit as well. I considered swapping out the factory head unit with a Kenwood Andriod compatible unit, but recently decided against it. Please keep us posted.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts