Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

181 - 200 of 206 Posts

·
638 Posts
There is no wireless carplay, you have to plug into the usb port to access carplay
I still have not made the purchase yet. But on Phoenix website, it states that the Wireless Apple CarPlay is an option ($59.99)

Oh, and wondering why there is only one option for the RAM now (4GB).

·
1 Posts
I ordered a unit a few weeks back, installed and sure enough the 360 back up camera didn’t work. I lost my front heated and cooled seats and hazard lights didn’t work. Left over wire pairing, I had a 30+ minute FaceTime call with the tech support with no success. They sent a new unit... this time I was able to bend the connector for hazards to make them work, still have no heated/cooled seats and no backup cam. Anyone have any solution for me since their tech is all Chinese and hard to reach?

·
3 Posts
I’m looking to pull the trigger and buy a Phoenix Radio. I have a 2017 Nissan Titan Platinum Reserve with the factory RF radio. I have a few questions. Do any of you regret your purchase? What all do i need to order for the my requirements below?
1. I would like both wired and wireless Apple CarPlay.
2. I would love if the unit would connect automatically connect to my IPhone hotspot when i start the truck.
3. I use Waze a lot. ?
4. What other cool features should i purchase.
Thanks in advance for your responses!

·
2017 Nissan Titan XD SL Diesel
4 Posts
I’m looking to pull the trigger and buy a Phoenix Radio. I have a 2017 Nissan Titan Platinum Reserve with the factory RF radio. I have a few questions. Do any of you regret your purchase? What all do i need to order for the my requirements below?
1. I would like both wired and wireless Apple CarPlay.
2. I would love if the unit would connect automatically connect to my IPhone hotspot when i start the truck.
3. I use Waze a lot. ?
4. What other cool features should i purchase.
Thanks in advance for your responses!
I too have a 2017, SL not PR, but I do have the RF system. I do not regret the purchase. This HU just looks plain awesome, but it is an Android tablet, so to speak, so there are some glitches (which are correctable, but more on that in a bit). As far as your list:
1. I don't have an Apple so I don't know about Apple CarPlay, but I believe there is a dongle or something required to make it work. There's information on Phoenix's website about that.
2. Again, I don't have Apple, but my HU does connect to either my Android phone which I use as a hot spot or to my Verizon hot spot without any issues.
3. I use Waze myself and have no issues using it
4. There are a couple of FB groups dedicated to this HU, one of which is a Titan group. I would suggest joining at least one of them and reach out to Sergy; he's an admin. He has written firmware for this HU that has addressed several of the glitches this unit has. His firmware also allows for themes and other goodies like being able to control the AC from the steering wheel controls. He charges for it though, but IMHO, it's well worth it!

One thing that I lost was the blue line on my backup camera, but the HU does have alternative camera lines. Sergy said he will be adding the blue line to his firmware soon! Outside of Sergy's firmware, I cannot think of any other item to get. The only other extra I bought was a USB jack which I installed in my center console which is hooked up to the second USB cable hooked up to the HU. I didn't want a USB cable flopping about in my glove box so I installed a jack in my center console. Hope that answers some of your questions. I love this HU and have received nothing but compliments on it from anyone that has seen it, including the Nissan dealership employees.

·
3 Posts
I too have a 2017, SL not PR, but I do have the RF system. I do not regret the purchase. This HU just looks plain awesome, but it is an Android tablet, so to speak, so there are some glitches (which are correctable, but more on that in a bit). As far as your list:
1. I don't have an Apple so I don't know about Apple CarPlay, but I believe there is a dongle or something required to make it work. There's information on Phoenix's website about that.
2. Again, I don't have Apple, but my HU does connect to either my Android phone which I use as a hot spot or to my Verizon hot spot without any issues.
3. I use Waze myself and have no issues using it
4. There are a couple of FB groups dedicated to this HU, one of which is a Titan group. I would suggest joining at least one of them and reach out to Sergy; he's an admin. He has written firmware for this HU that has addressed several of the glitches this unit has. His firmware also allows for themes and other goodies like being able to control the AC from the steering wheel controls. He charges for it though, but IMHO, it's well worth it!

One thing that I lost was the blue line on my backup camera, but the HU does have alternative camera lines. Sergy said he will be adding the blue line to his firmware soon! Outside of Sergy's firmware, I cannot think of any other item to get. The only other extra I bought was a USB jack which I installed in my center console which is hooked up to the second USB cable hooked up to the HU. I didn't want a USB cable flopping about in my glove box so I installed a jack in my center console. Hope that answers some of your questions. I love this HU and have received nothing but compliments on it from anyone that has seen it, including the Nissan dealership employees.
Thanks! I went ahead and ordered everything yesterday after a couple of weeks of research. I assume it’ll be three or four weeks before I get it, but if I’m lucky I’ll get it in two or less. How do you get Sergey’s latest firmware update and how much does it cost?

·
2017 Nissan Titan XD SL Diesel
4 Posts
Thanks! I went ahead and ordered everything yesterday after a couple of weeks of research. I assume it’ll be three or four weeks before I get it, but if I’m lucky I’ll get it in two or less. How do you get Sergey’s latest firmware update and how much does it cost?
$100 USD; he'll provide it by email and help you set it up by FB messenger or email

·
237 Posts
Great info on this thread - thanks all.
Quick question: How many Auxiliary (Aux) inputs are there?
I have the rear seat entertainment option (just happened to be on the vehicle I was interested in - not requested), and junior likes watching his minions on there. One of the Aux inputs on the RF system takes the audio from the DVD player(s) in back. Would that work?

·
19 Posts
Resurrecting an old post here, but how is everyone liking these? What factory functions did you lose? Thanks in advance!

·
1 Posts
Further resurrecting an old post... Has anyone had any luck getting local shops to install these units? I do have the know-how, but just don’t have a lot of time to do it myself.

·
2017 Titan XD
87 Posts
Further resurrecting an old post... Has anyone had any luck getting local shops to install these units? I do have the know-how, but just don’t have a lot of time to do it myself.
I nearly ordered it yesterday but the shop I’ve primarily go thru said they wouldn’t even touch it.

·
2 Posts
I have a heated steering wheel in my Pro4x. Does anyone know if and how the Phoneix display affects the heated steering wheel option?
Also, I use all Apple products. Any Apple users that have used the AppleCar play adapter on here, and have positive or negative feedback?

·
2 Posts
I’m 100% Apple and I have a 16 Pro4x. There are regular style buttons for the heated steering wheel to turn it on and it behaves just like stock. The unit comes with ZLink which is a program that runs car play without a dongle. No need to spend the $50 on a dongle. You won’t be disappointed. When you get it, go to Facebook and fine the Titan Xd Phoenix radio page. There you will find Sergey from Russia with his own custom firmware. Makes the radio work so much better.

·
2 Posts
Thank you. I don't mind using a USB dongle to support Airplay as I always have phone usb connected while driving anyway. Thank you for the help!

181 - 200 of 206 Posts