Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

201 - 206 of 206 Posts

·
237 Posts
Hi All
Great thread, with great info - thanks to everyone contributing.
I have a '17 5.0 PR with the rear-seat entertainment system (was in the vehicle when we went to kick tire Dec 31, 2017... I didn't care if we got it or not, but it has proven pretty handy with jr in the rear seat... and we can all sing along to the Disney movie of choice!.)...

So, my question is: Has anyone done the upgrade to the head unit with these rear entertainment systems in place, and does everything continue to function? At the moment, I can cycle through "Aux" input, and when it gets to the appropriate feed, we get the movie soundtrack coming through the main cabin system.

Thanks

russ

·
464 Posts
This Phoenix Android Radio is the biggest POS mod I have put on my truck, and this is my second XD since 2016. Damn thing has never worked right from the get go. I had gotten it to a point where it was acceptable meaning that at least 50% of the apps worked. Then earlier this week, the back up camera function just randomly stopped working. Thinking a wire had come undone or rattled loose, I took it out to check. All wires firmly and properly connected. I then put it all back together, then had no power or wouldn't power up. Had AC functionality, but no screen, radio, etc. I jimmied it around in the a little putting it back in taking it in and out, and it randomly booted up. I buttoned it back up and back up camera worked started working again. Then it works fine for about 5 days, then today I drive to get gas, working as it should (except for 50% of the apps that won't boot up....) and start the truck up from getting gas, and now nothing. Won't boot up at all. Still have AC power and control, but nothing for radio, etc. So frustrating. Getting in touch with Phoenix Radio for tech support is horrid. I would advise people to run the fuck away from this POS consumer product. I'm generally a pretty patient person and I will say, for the 5 days that I had it working right (with the except of about half the apps, ones I don't really use anyway) it was pretty cool. But its just glitchy as Fuc$ and I'm beyond frustrated with the complete POS. Stay away is my $0.02. Stay away from this POS mod.

·
7 Posts
This Phoenix Android Radio is the biggest POS mod I have put on my truck, and this is my second XD since 2016. Damn thing has never worked right from the get go. I had gotten it to a point where it was acceptable meaning that at least 50% of the apps worked. Then earlier this week, the back up camera function just randomly stopped working. Thinking a wire had come undone or rattled loose, I took it out to check. All wires firmly and properly connected. I then put it all back together, then had no power or wouldn't power up. Had AC functionality, but no screen, radio, etc. I jimmied it around in the a little putting it back in taking it in and out, and it randomly booted up. I buttoned it back up and back up camera worked started working again. Then it works fine for about 5 days, then today I drive to get gas, working as it should (except for 50% of the apps that won't boot up....) and start the truck up from getting gas, and now nothing. Won't boot up at all. Still have AC power and control, but nothing for radio, etc. So frustrating. Getting in touch with Phoenix Radio for tech support is horrid. I would advise people to run the fuck away from this POS consumer product. I'm generally a pretty patient person and I will say, for the 5 days that I had it working right (with the except of about half the apps, ones I don't really use anyway) it was pretty cool. But its just glitchy as Fuc$ and I'm beyond frustrated with the complete POS. Stay away is my $0.02. Stay away from this POS mod.
Sorry to hear that and thanks for sharing the feed back... I have been still debating on purchasing this.

·
1,520 Posts
You're the only person out of several hundred to have issues like this. If I had the money I'd order it today, theres way too many positive experiences with this unit to say it's a pos

·
1 Posts
Hi everyone, New Titan owner looking at the Android 9 PA stereo. I am curious about the Android auto options. Do I have to choose the 40$ built in option to use android auto? It is just an app? Or do I just need a dongle for this feature? Also curious about people with RF system. I think I saw there were extra RCA to connect the amp to? Can this be confirmed? I would like to retain my full sound system.

Thanks in advance, T

2018 Titan XD Pro-4x, all packages.

·
1 Posts
Hey! I have a 2016 Titan XD, plugged my HU in and, after a reset, everything works except the A/C Controls. It's stuck on auto A/C and I can't change fan speed, side buttons don't respond, nor any other on-screen buttons for A/C control. Can someone show/tell me what settings I need to alter in "Install Set" or elsewhere to get it to work properly? Thanks in advance!

201 - 206 of 206 Posts