Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

101 - 120 of 164 Posts

·
927 Posts
Yall need to go watch the newest video uploaded by these guys. If I had the money I'd have this on order right now. He goes through everything. All factory steering wheel controls are still functional and the unit is just bad ass.

·
172 Posts
Yall need to go watch the newest video uploaded by these guys. If I had the money I'd have this on order right now. He goes through everything. All factory steering wheel controls are still functional and the unit is just bad ass.
Link?

·
927 Posts
Ok you are making no sense at all. The video shows the steering wheel controls working the radio. Why on earth would your other side of steering wheel not control what's on the center dash? I believe you are over thinking this.

·
172 Posts
Ok let me explain this in more detail.

The factory head unit doesn't only control the radio in the vehicle. Many of the functions are integral to it. When you get an aftermarket system most often than not you end up lose steering wheel function.

This is why I made a rather lengthy reply regarding things that we may lose that were unable to be answered by Phoenix. These are questions I brought to their attention when I was able to reach them by phone or when all else failed by the slow ticket system they have in place.

Phoenix has stated on several occasions that you retain steering wheel control but never fully showed all of the controls. Especially when it comes to controlling the center instrument display which utilizes the up/down/left/right/enter buttons.

This is why on multiple occasions this has been brought up.

·
927 Posts
Well I've had several vehicles with aftermarket radios and not once have I ever lost any steering wheel control. If you do then most of the time it's from installer not knowing wtf hes doing

·
172 Posts
Well I've had several vehicles with aftermarket radios and not once have I ever lost any steering wheel control. If you do then most of the time it's from installer not knowing wtf hes doing
Not quite, if you look at the other threads regarding aftermarket installation it's not all installer error as you say. There needs to be aftermarket support for example Metra / Axxess steering wheel controls that you may not have 100% mapping.

·
172 Posts
Does anyone know if the unit ships with the capability to play/decode lossless audio, ie FLAC files, from the factory USB port ? or would you have to install another application like PowerAmp Player?
I doubt the unit itself will be able to play loseless but since it's Android you can probably download an app from the Playstore that can play it like you mentioned.

·
Banned
356 Posts
They finally sent me a tracking number for my radio. If I get it by this weekend, I will do an install vid if anyone wants to see it. I already have a Kenwood head unit so it will be a little different, but not much.

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
I am very interested in your assessment, if all goes well with your installation and your satisfied with the units operation, I would be up for installing one in my RF system.

101 - 120 of 164 Posts