Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

121 - 140 of 164 Posts

·
68 Posts
What options are you guys ordering with it? Built in CarPlay was on my list...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
20 Posts
Ok so I got my unit and it is installed, good news is that you retain all function of the center cluster. I have only had the unit installed for a couple of hour but so far so good. My only real complaint so far is that the camera view seams a bit fuzzy compared to the stock unit. Install took about 1.5hrs but only because I was taking my time. The start up time is descent but I would say still a bit slower that stock. Post if you have a question or something you want me to try and I will see what I can do.

·
172 Posts
Ok so I got my unit and it is installed, good news is that you retain all function of the center cluster. I have only had the unit installed for a couple of hour but so far so good. My only real complaint so far is that the camera view seams a bit fuzzy compared to the stock unit. Install took about 1.5hrs but only because I was taking my time. The start up time is descent but I would say still a bit slower that stock. Post if you have a question or something you want me to try and I will see what I can do.
Thanks for the report in!

It's awesome to hear that the center cluster works!!!

How is the Bluetooth microphone quality? I heard that past units the built-in Bluetooth mic was terrible.

Also, if you have a Pro-4X can you let us know if the auto temperature/thermostat engages if the weather is too hot/cold outside when it's remote started?

·
20 Posts
I have only made a couple of calls but everyone said it sounds ok, not sure about the climate controls yet weather here is not great so dint think they will cycle on. But I did discover that the Nissan Connect services still work. I have been able to lock/unlock and start the truck with my cell phone.

·
172 Posts
I have only made a couple of calls but everyone said it sounds ok, not sure about the climate controls yet weather here is not great so dint think they will cycle on. But I did discover that the Nissan Connect services still work. I have been able to lock/unlock and start the truck with my cell phone.
Nissan Connect still functioning is SWEET!

I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised with the feedback being received from the unit.

It seems as if the manufacturer of the units Phoenix Automotive is selling has stepped up their game from the first generations. The only big negative is their horrible response times and lack of answering the phone.

·
172 Posts
UPDATED: 9/12/19

Source contributors: Pinestar (TitanXDForum), Patrick Folger (FB group: Nissan Titan XD Owners)

Sirius XM radio
Apparently there is no support for it.

The only options are to:
  1. Download the Sirius XM app and stream it. This would require having a hotspot or sim card installed (if the unit take a sim card).
  2. Purchase a Siriux XM Touch Commander module and install it in your truck. According to the the product description found on SiriusXMs website it connects via AUX audio cable or FM Radio.
Information display (center cluster between the Speedometer and Odometer) w/ steering wheel control

You can still access function and control of the information displays in the center cluster using the steering wheel controls

USB & Aux ports

USB port on the console can be hooked up using a mini usb adapter, there is also an additional USB port that can be routed to the glove box.
AUX port: no reports on if this can be retained

Nissanconnect and other infotainment features

Due to Nissanconnect being so heavily integrated into the infotainment system there would be a potential loss of all features supported by Nissanconnect such as:
  1. Nissanconnect app - remote start - CONFIRMED Retention
  2. Nissanconnect app - flash lights and sound alarm - CONFIRMED Retention
  3. Nissanconnect app - flash lights - CONFIRMED Retention
  4. Nissanconnect app - lock / unlock doors - CONFIRMED Retention
  5. Nissanconnect app - parked car finder - CONFIRMED Retention
  6. Speed alert, boundary alert, curfew alert, valet alert
  7. Vehicle health report
  8. Stolen vehicle locator
Automatic heater / AC activation during remote start up

One of the advantages of remote starting is that on hot and cold days the AC or heat is automatically activated after the remote start is engaged to either hot or cold (depending on the weather).

I am not sure if this is a feature integrated into the temperature module or not. With the removal of the stock temperature controls this may be a feature which is lost since the temperature controls are now integrated into the Phoenix unit.

Automatic temperature control

I am also worried that there would be loss of the automatic in-cabin temperature control.
I am currently waiting a response from Phoenix support to see if this feature is engaged from elsewhere in the truck.

Factory Bluetooth microphone

Update: The unit comes with its own built in microphone. Reported by Pinestar that quality is OK.

Will the factory Bluetooth microphone located in front of the sunglass compartment be compatible with the Phoenix unit? If not can you cut and splice the microphones line into the new line?

·
20 Posts
Nissan Connect car finder is confirmed to work, as well as flash lights with and without horn. I cannot get the aux port to work, but there is an aux on the back of the unit that can be hooked up.

·
927 Posts
Any pics of the camera fuzziness? If its much worse than stock then I dont think you would be able to see anything with them
You seriously think it's that bad? My camera is no more fuzzy than new f250s or chevys. Hell I just drove my bosses 2018 f250 today and his reverse camera is no more clear than ours. I dont see the complaint honestly

·
272 Posts
You seriously think it's that bad? My camera is no more fuzzy than new f250s or chevys. Hell I just drove my bosses 2018 f250 today and his reverse camera is no more clear than ours. I dont see the complaint honestly
I can't speak for Ford as I haven't been in many of them, but my brother in laws 2019 Ram 3500 has a camera that is at least 10 times better, if not more. My brother had a 2017 GMC Canyon LTZ and the camera on it was much better than the one on my PR Titan XD.

These cameras are very cheap, a few $ more and you could have a higher resolution better focusing camera in your truck, the same goes for the displays in the head units. Getting something that is much better than what they put in the Titan wouldn't have costed much more in materials and parts.

·
172 Posts
What does this unit use for navigation?
Is it built-in or does it run via an app through your phone?
You can use Google maps or Waze via Car Play or Android Auto and it has its own nav program (forgot the name).

You can also use Google Maps in offline mode by installing it on the unit itself.

·
6 Posts
I have some questions about this unit now that some have it installed!

1. Built-in Apple carplay. Is the carplay wireless or will the phone need to be plugged in at all times?

2. How do you perform an update once the unit is installed?

·
172 Posts
I have some questions about this unit now that some have it installed!

1. Built-in Apple carplay. Is the carplay wireless or will the phone need to be plugged in at all times?

2. How do you perform an update once the unit is installed?
You can purchase the unit with integrated Apple Play or with a do gle that plugs into the USB.

To update it you would use a USB thumb drive with the firmware.

·
172 Posts
UPDATED: 10/5/19

Source contributors:

• ohms139 (TitanXDForum)
  • Pinestar (TitanXDForum)
  • Patrick Folger (FB group: Nissan Titan XD Owners)
Sirius XM radio
There is no integrated support, most likely due to licensing issues.

The only options are to:
  1. Download the Sirius XM app and stream it. This would require having a hotspot or sim card installed (if the unit take a sim card).
  2. Purchase a Siriux XM Touch Commander module and install it in your truck. According to the the product description found on SiriusXMs website it connects via AUX audio cable or FM Radio.
Information display (center cluster between the Speedometer and Odometer) w/ steering wheel control

You can still access function and control of the information displays in the center cluster using the steering wheel controls.

There have been reports of people not being able to use the answer/hang up buttons but I have had NO problems with any of the steering wheel controls.

USB & Aux ports

USB port on the console can be hooked up using a mini usb adapter (which is provided), there is also an additional USB port labeled OTG that can be routed to the glove box.
AUX port: no retention or solution as of yet. WORK AROUND - I am purchasing an RCA to Female audio jack and I will see if I can mount that in place using a hot glue gun (so its not a permanent modification). Will post pictures once I get the cable in the mail.

Nissanconnect and other infotainment features

Due to Nissanconnect being so heavily integrated into the infotainment system there would be a potential loss of all features supported by Nissanconnect such as:
  1. Nissanconnect app - remote start - CONFIRMED Retention
  2. Nissanconnect app - flash lights and sound alarm - CONFIRMED Retention
  3. Nissanconnect app - flash lights - CONFIRMED Retention
  4. Nissanconnect app - lock / unlock doors - CONFIRMED Retention
  5. Nissanconnect app - parked car finder - CONFIRMED Retention
  6. Speed alert, boundary alert, curfew alert, valet alert
  7. Vehicle health report
  8. Stolen vehicle locator
Automatic heater / AC activation during remote start up

One of the advantages of remote starting is that on hot and cold days the AC or heat is automatically activated after the remote start is engaged to either hot or cold (depending on the weather).

I am not sure if this is a feature integrated into the temperature module or not. With the removal of the stock temperature controls this may be a feature which is lost since the temperature controls are now integrated into the Phoenix unit.

Automatic temperature control

I am also worried that there would be loss of the automatic in-cabin temperature control.
I am currently waiting a response from Phoenix support to see if this feature is engaged from elsewhere in the truck.

Factory Bluetooth microphone

Update: The unit comes with its own built in microphone. Reported by Pinestar that quality is OK.

I made a few calls and no one seemed to complain about the quality. The microphone is situated under the volume knob which is on the left hand side of the unit.

Miscellaneous
There seems to be additional RCA (red,white,yellow) plugs on the harness.

I'm toying with the idea of getting an RCA to HDMI AV converter and a USB splitter (to power the tiny converter box) so I can hook up a Retropie box to the screen; will report back on this.

·
172 Posts
Does anyone know if the unit ships with the capability to play/decode lossless audio, ie FLAC files, from the factory USB port ? or would you have to install another application like PowerAmp Player?
I tested FLAC and lossless today using VLC media player from the USB port via a thumb drive. It worked 100%.

121 - 140 of 164 Posts