Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

161 - 180 of 206 Posts

·
143 Posts
How did you get rid of the top menu bar?
I used the Forito 15.6" laptop anti-glare (matte) screen protector from Amazon and it worked like a charm.

$11.89 for a two pack and free shipping with Prime.

No more sun glare and my polarized Oakley's work fine now.

I used a sheet cutter to cut it to exact size.

·
42 Posts
I used the Forito 15.6" laptop anti-glare (matte) screen protector from Amazon and it worked like a charm.

$11.89 for a two pack and free shipping with Prime.

No more sun glare and my polarized Oakley's work fine now.

I used a sheet cutter to cut it to exact size.
Looks great, thanks! I also emailed Phoenix automotive and they replied last night letting me know that they will be selling screen protectors for the unit very soon. But great find on the Forito, I think I'll go order one now!

·
1,324 Posts
Sirius XM Touch Commander so I'm not dependant on wifi or my hotspot for Sirius XM.
so to dumb it down for me...the touch commander gives you XM since the Phoenix doesn’t have it? Were you able to attach the factory XM antenna or did you have to use the one supplied with the commander? Finally how does it link to the Phoenix...aux cable or??

·
220 Posts
How did you get rid of the top menu bar?
It's a different launcher, once I use certain apps the bar will reappear.

so to dumb it down for me...the touch commander gives you XM since the Phoenix doesn’t have it? Were you able to attach the factory XM antenna or did you have to use the one supplied with the commander? Finally how does it link to the Phoenix...aux cable or??
I am using the supplied antenna and to be honest it is terrible. I tried two different antenna adapters from Amazon but neither was the correct adapter. I'm really tempted to cut it and save the end (for if I ever return to factory) and cut the wire from the supplied antenna and splice it.

It links through the Phoenix system via FM tuner/Antenna write which comes with the Touch Commander, no interference at all.

·
21 Posts
I have the commander as well and I am using the factory sat antenna. I cut just the pink plastic off the factory plug and the metal insert will plug right in. I have done this before with some other vehicles and have had good success. The metal portion is a tight enough fit that the antenna never comes free.

·
220 Posts
I didn't take that route because I mounted my Sirius XM Commander by the center console and ran wires. I was too lazy to try and fit it in the back area with all the cables already there.

·
13 Posts
In the Phoenix install video the guys don't actually remove the two side bezels, they still look like they are attached somewhere down the bottom and they are working around them. For those that have already installed how do you completely remove those bezels to have more room for the install. I have my unit and haven't taken the plunge to install it yet. Thanks

·
2 Posts
Does anyone have a platnium with the Phoenix installed? I am wondering if it has the same sound quality. Also why do you lose Sirius with this? There is no input on the back I take it. I love the look of this unit but all I listen to is Sirius and I'm worried it's a hassle to have to fiddle with a phone all the time

·
1,519 Posts
Does anyone have a platnium with the Phoenix installed? I am wondering if it has the same sound quality. Also why do you lose Sirius with this? There is no input on the back I take it. I love the look of this unit but all I listen to is Sirius and I'm worried it's a hassle to have to fiddle with a phone all the time
Apparently theres a module you can buy to make Sirius work. I seen another member on here dk it

·
220 Posts
You can get the Sirius XM Touch Commander. I have it hooked up to my Phoenix radio via the FM tuner.

The antenna is terrible so you will need to splice the wire or break the plastic connector or remove it somehow to make it work with the factory one.

·
38 Posts
hi all , Honest comments here on my experience .....
The guys at Brea installed mines 3 weeks ago , So far the only draw back was the loss of the factory Nav / Maps . However Alex installed offline maps from "Here we go" and it's fine now , even has the British accent on the guidance now lol .
The weak link in all this is the Android interface with the operator (meaning me) i've been with Apple for 12+ years and have just changed over to Android (inc Cel phones) so like i said , i'm the weak link .

As there are no user manuals i asked Alex to provide as many "how to" Video's as he could as people like me would not be emailing and phoning and asking for simple stuff thats a 30 second Video on YT .

The system is super cool , like all tablets it's just a matter of getting the software to work with the hardware and away you go .
Do i regret getting it , no way . do i wish i was more proficient with Android certainly .

What would be my only gripe , wishing i was closer that my 150 mile round trip to get a simple thing corrected .

Final thoughts , the only irritation is my sonar is not working presently and the engineers are working to correct this matter very hard ( Very hard , actually more dedicationthan i've seen in a very , Very long time)

Debating if i will get an additional unit for my 2008 Lexus next lol .
Happy new year to you all
Jon

·
2 Posts
Hi Everyone.
Radio works but I can not get the wireless CarPlay (added when ordered) to work.
The talk button on the steering wheel brings up back up camera view. RPM gauge on unit work but MPH gauge doesn't.
Does everyone have these issues?
Greatly appreciate the help.
Thanks

·
3 Posts
Hi Everyone.
Something happened in the installation process. I followed directions from the installation video precisely. The radio works, but no power to climate control unit. No power to the 4 wheel drive switch. No power to trailer brake control. ABS, BRAKE, ENGINE, and TRACTION CONTROL warning light stays on.
Has anyone run into this problem?
Could it be a blown fuse or relay? or a bad AC amp module?
You have definitely disconnected something. I finally put mine back together today. The harness they send was for a Nav radio head so I have to do some research and change the 24 pin to 32 pin secondary connector. Since nothing is really label well. i play the video 6-10 times very slowly to catch which connector goes where, and at the end I still have 1 leftover. and the video has 1 left over too. The only thing non working for me is the steering wheel controls. I have to do more research.

Just to make you feel better, they still have not answer my ticket from 12/31/2019.

·
638 Posts
Anyone have an app recommendation that will allow me to get my text messages on the stereo as well as my phone
Android Auto or Apple Carplay would work. Make sure you buy the dongle respectively.

·
237 Posts
Android Auto or Apple Carplay would work. Make sure you buy the dongle respectively.
Hi All

BQ's post above makes me want to ask: Is there a list of modules/dongles anywhere? I've been out of auto audio for a while... seems the world has moved on a bit!

And as another time-machine throwback - is there any way to get HD Radio on the Phoenix system (without racking up data costs)?

Thanks

russ

·
638 Posts
Hi All

BQ's post above makes me want to ask: Is there a list of modules/dongles anywhere? I've been out of auto audio for a while... seems the world has moved on a bit!

And as another time-machine throwback - is there any way to get HD Radio on the Phoenix system (without racking up data costs)?

Thanks

russ
There is, on Phoenix automotive website.

·
13 Posts
Hi Everyone.
Radio works but I can not get the wireless CarPlay (added when ordered) to work.
The talk button on the steering wheel brings up back up camera view. RPM gauge on unit work but MPH gauge doesn't.
Does everyone have these issues?
Greatly appreciate the help.
Thanks
There is no wireless carplay, you have to plug into the usb port to access carplay

161 - 180 of 206 Posts