Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a platinum reserve in pearl white last week. I have driven it just over 300 miles. I really like this truck. I like sitting up high with great sight lines. With the birds eye camera it is easy to park. The ride is fantastic for such a big truck. Power is good too. I pulled my bass boat a few miles just to get a feel. It was like the rig was not even on the back. Very little squat. I have a 20 ft bass cat so it isn't a feather on the tongue weight. My silverdado squatted more for sure. The stereo is great. I have been doing mostly city driving and mileage is all over the map. I like the shift on the steering column. The truck looks much better in person than in the original pics they put on the net. Nissan has done a terrible launch of a very nice truck. I have had titans in the past and this one is better all around. I will continue to give honest feedback as I get further down the road and start towing more with it. It is my first diesel and making sure I use the green handle to fill it up :smile2:

·
43 Posts
My dealer has a white PR coming in within the next 10 days. My name is on it. Very excited to see it in person. Here is my history of trucks in the last 4 years. I traded a 99 F150 2wd that I drove for 3 years. Traded it for 2012 F150 ecoboost 4x4 FX4. This was beautiful truck that was fun to drive. My needs changed with my business and I needed a truck to haul heavy loads in a 24' enclosed trailer. (loaded weight about 9000lbs). My ecoboost would do it straining the entire way and only get around 5 mpg so I traded my F150 for a 2013 F350 Platinum. I absolutely loved this truck until at 8500 miles it started having issues. (regen) The truck spent more time in the shop the next 3 months than I was able to drive it. I had to continue with my business so traded it for a 2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn. Great truck, hauled everything I threw at it, however it beat you up on the road and was consistently noisy with rattles. There is by far more plastic in the Ram than any other trucks I have looked at. It was way too uncomfortable. The seats were very firm and became unbearable on long trips. A year later my business changed and I no longer needed the huge trailer and traded the Ram for my current 2015 F150 Platinum. I have 20k miles on it and it has spent time in and out of the shop. The newly designed interior in lacking in comfort. The seats are not deep enough to give you support closer to your knees. As far as premium features, I will miss the adaptive cruise control, the collision warning system, the massaging front seats, and the power fold in mirrors. Nothing I cannot live without however. I do believe I am done with Fords. The Titan XD appears it will do what I need in a truck. Now having a 16' enclosed trailer with an average load around 6000-7000 lbs it will handle that just fine. I did test drive the Titan XD SL trim a month ago. The truck was very comfortable, the leather seats were soft and offered much more support than the F150. Takeoff from a standstill wasn't as fast as the F150 but I'm not a drag racer so that is a zero factor. The sound of the diesel is pleasing to the ears. Turning and braking was smooth and attentive. The truck is big and taller and the feeling of being wrapped in all that heavy steel makes you feel safe. The controls were easy to reach and use. The rear seat area is large. I actually spent some extended time in the back seat because I feel my passengers should be as comfortable as I am. I believe they will be. The under seat storage is a pleasant surprise as well. Plenty of room for tie down straps and the usual tools and supplies I travel with. I was pleasantly surprised to learn about the gooseneck ball and anchors being factory installed. I have a buddy that has a gooseneck dump trailer that I use occasionally and always had to use his truck to tow it. I can now use my own truck. My previous trucks I had to outfit with RetraxPro bed covers at a cost of $1500.00 each to keep my tools secure. With Nissan including the Titan locking boxes in the bed I won't be having to spend the extra for a bed cover. All in all the Titan XD isn't for everyone and I do believe Nissan knows this. They aren't looking to sweep the truck market of their feet. They are simply looking for about 10% of the market share. I like the fact that Nissan won't be making 5000 units a day. The residual value will stay higher on Titan XD's and you won't get too beat up if you trade in every year or two. Just giving my two cents. Again, very excited to get mine very soon.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Coming from a new F150 myself you will appreciate the quality and fit & finish of the xd. The other thing I like about the xd is knowing not everyone on your street will have one. My 2012 titan I had previously was by far my most reliable and durable truck I had to date. Old generation titan probably had more interior plastic then your 3500 ram. But with over 100,000km no squeaks or rattles and the truck still felt new.

·
43 Posts
You hit a good point on Nissan not flooding the market with these trucks. The Titan XD residual value will stay higher because they won't be on every corner you turn. My F150 has lost 34% of its value in the first year. I know when you buy new you lose value the second you drive it off the lot but 2 nearly 35% is unacceptable. Nissans value should only drop around 12-15% the first year. I was told this by a independent used car dealer that has a Masters Degree in finance.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
I guess that also depends on markets. As I got $10,000 off my 2015 f150 right off the bat. But then almost a year later with the way the Canadian dollar is and US buyers grabbing our trucks. I actually got $2000 more for my f150 then I paid for it.
But I also value nissan dealers protecting the residual by not discounting much off the top, but instead over inflating the trade in. At least here in ontario.

·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Has anyone removed the in the bed boxes yet. Wondering how easy or hard to do. I also want to get a bed step since it is a hike into the bed. The seats on the platinum reserve are the most comfortable I've had in a truck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts