Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I happen to love my stock PR rims. I'd like to know what the largest tire I can install is in the following 3 scenarios.

1. Stock
2. 2" lift (Rc level kit)
3. 6" lift (Calmini preferred since bolt on, no cutting) I'd like option to return to stock in the future.

I really was leaning towards nitto ridge grappler tires but the 35s (6" lift) seem too wide for my rim. I don't want to lose towing capacity (Rc site says you don't lose any with their 6" lift, but requires cutting) but I would love to have larger tires.

If you have photos of the 3 combinations (with PR rims), please share them!

·
1,979 Posts
If you don't want to loose your towing performance stay with the 2" and keep the tires around the 305 mark, don't get MT's. A 6" lift & 35's will look nice but will kill performance & MPG'S.

·
1,300 Posts
Center of gravity is thrown off big time, big lifted trucks make a simple towin a full time job. Lots of extra strain on the rear suspension as most just lift with rear blocks. If you find a lift with no block and new leafs you will be better off for sure!

·
2 Posts
I have the PR and I just put the RC 2" levelling lift kit in. I added Nitto Terra Grapler G2's in 275 65R 20 and they fit perfect... I could go a hair bigger but don't want to trim. These are on stock rims. Will probably get the Ridge Grapplers in same size for 2nd set of tires.

·
4 Posts
This is my PR with the RC 2/1. Went with a 275/65/20 BF tire. Tires look skinny when you get closer to the truck. I would recommend wider tires.
Looks great! have you seen any loss in MPG/ride quality by running this set up? Is there any rubbing/trimming? Looking to run the same set up.

Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts