Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As topic suggests, Is there anyone who can give me directions on how to remove the front grill?

Thanks in advance!

·
57 Posts
So i know this isn't going to be the exact help your looking for but figured I would share anyways.

When they removed the grill on my XD to replace the horn, they said it was just like on the old Titan. Looked like to me there were just some plastic clips across the top and then it folded down from the top and out.

Possibly finding / watching a video on the old titan might steer you in the right direction until someone post better details :)

·
99 Posts
Yes. Quite a simple job but a little confusing.

All you need is a flathead screw driver to twist the square locking heads that attach to the radiator support. There are like 6 on top, then two in the center of the grill sides (the smaller grill section on the passenger/driver side, just look for the pilot holes). Once you have turned all the locking devices 90 degrees, you have to reach you hand down from the top and release the keeper clips on the bottom of the grill which attach to the front bumper. No tools needed, just push to tab and pull the grill out at the same time. They are pretty accessible except for the last one on the driver's side.

·
857 Posts
I hope it's one of those easy clips to pinch since some of them are hard and using a needle nose pliers makes it much easier.

·
1,265 Posts
Can anyone help me with part numbers for the plastic clips across the top of the grille and along the side? My local dealer was less than helpful....

·
1,265 Posts
It seems like there are two different clips. The ones on the top seem to be different from the clips on the sides of the grille. I saw a thread on another forum that indicated the clips could be found at Lowes.... I'm going to look tonight.

·
911 Posts
It seems like there are two different clips. The ones on the top seem to be different from the clips on the sides of the grille. I saw a thread on another forum that indicated the clips could be found at Lowes.... I'm going to look tonight.
The ones on the sides will probably have an extra tab on the side of the clips. The top ones may work on the side if that's all you can find.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts