Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
I am the OP and now have 3000 miles on my XD. I can now get 15-16 on the interstate with cc set at 70, anything over that and the mpg falls fast. Driving in town with stop and go kills it. Overall I am averaging 14mpg per tank mixed driving with I guess isnt bad.

·
307 Posts
Yep that's what I get. I didn't buy it to be a gas saver, bought it cuz it's a tow monster.

·
113 Posts
Dont use gas with ethanol

I remember reading somewhere on this forum that some member said that he/she used gas with the least amount of ethanol in it and it helped improved his/her mpg. Why not you give that a try. The last gas station that I went to only had 5% ethanol in their fuel. I do not know what ethanol has to due with improving the mpg. :laugh2:Hope it helps!

·
106 Posts
I remember reading somewhere on this forum that some member said that he/she used gas with the least amount of ethanol in it and it helped improved his/her mpg. Why not you give that a try. The last gas station that I went to only had 5% ethanol in their fuel. I do not know what ethanol has to due with improving the mpg. :laugh2:Hope it helps!
Its a stark difference, fuel with ethanol shows total fuel range around 275 -285, no ethanol fuel range is 325 - 335

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
40 Posts
My XD gets close to the same ~12-14 in the city. Old titan was identical. On the highway I am up 1.5 mpg with the XD @ 17.8 mpg. Not bad for a much beefier truck.

·
3 Posts
I recently picked up a 2017 gassser. SL with 34 inch tires and 4 inch lift and getting 11mpg average. Does not help that most of my driving is in the mountains and the speed limit is 75.

·
103 Posts
I recently picked up a 2017 gassser. SL with 34 inch tires and 4 inch lift and getting 11mpg average. Does not help that most of my driving is in the mountains and the speed limit is 75.
Well welcome. My last long trip I was at 18.2 with mostly highway at 75. **** that lift, mountains, and elevation take a toll.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

·
426 Posts
With summer fuel, fresh oil, and fuel filter change I get 22.5 mpg highway @70 mph and 18.1 combo. Towing a 8k TT through rolling hills 11 mpg, 5.0l diesel though.

·
20 Posts
I got 13.2 mpg when new and 14.6 mpg after break-in period, that's combined on mostly country roads. Have got almost 20 mpg on highway only. 5.6 Gas

·
59 Posts
Driving 70% HWY 30% City I'm averaging 16.4 MPG on my 2017 CC 4x4 non XD. My HWY mpg is around 18mpg when cruise is set to 62 mph. I have 35" tires with a 6" lift so that's not helping in the slightest.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts