Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming over from an 08 Ram 3500 Cummins. Sold it and am now looking for something smaller. Previously, the only choices have been 3/4 ton, and those are getting way out of reach. Of all the choices available, Nissan has always been dead last in my search; glad I started researching the XD. Can't wait for details; fuel capacity, can a B&W Companion be used with the factory goose neck, load capacities, more interior details, prices, etc. Also can't wait for trucks to start showing up so I can drive one. If they hold the line under the Ecodiesel, model for model, Nissan may have a convert.

·
120 Posts
This truck has a lot of potential for sure. Hope they will fix cosmetic issues and have a console shifter as well. I saw that dodge has a conversation kit for the rams but it's not for the aisin transmission. We will see....

·
313 Posts
If they hold the line under the Ecodiesel, model for model, Nissan may have a convert.
???

The Titan XD should be much more truck than the RAM EcoDiesel. More payload, more tow capacity. More torque, more HP.

In similar trim, I would expect to pay more.

I just hope it comes in less than the F250, 2500 diesels of similar trim.

·
23 Posts
I want this too, but I don't see how an Aisin trans and V-8 Cummins can be that much less than the big 3 diesels, maybe by a couple thousand. The up-charge for HD diesel's is around 8k, maybe more in 2016 models.

Am I right in expecting this Platinum Reserve trim to be the first released? Any thoughts as to when the lesser trims might show up? Mid-May is the latest I want to wait to buy, and I'm already worried about Toyota announcing the 5.0 Cummins between now and then. I'm only worried because that is the truck I would want to wait for even past my own self-imposed deadline.

December can't get here soon enough.......

·
11 Posts
I want this too, but I don't see how an Aisin trans and V-8 Cummins can be that much less than the big 3 diesels, maybe by a couple thousand. The up-charge for HD diesel's is around 8k, maybe more in 2016 models.

Am I right in expecting this Platinum Reserve trim to be the first released? Any thoughts as to when the lesser trims might show up? Mid-May is the latest I want to wait to buy, and I'm already worried about Toyota announcing the 5.0 Cummins between now and then. I'm only worried because that is the truck I would want to wait for even past my own self-imposed deadline.

December can't get here soon enough.......
Dont worry about a 2016 Tundra diesel its not happening. Dealers already have ordering info and there's nothing about a diesel

·
857 Posts
Dont worry about a 2016 Tundra diesel its not happening. Dealers already have ordering info and there's nothing about a diesel
That's been my outlook on it, even with the dually which has long been talked about but of course no sight of happening and like the diesel... won't wait on it, no one should.

Toyota knows what they need to do and when they need to do it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts