Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I thought a good thread was in order for aftermarket 12V accessories (hard wired).

I will be tackling an install on the following shortly:

- UHF Motorola Mobile Radio
- Uniden Scanner
- Emergency POV "Blue" lights for service with my volunteer FD
- Custom flush mount console (which I already started working on)

Spent a little time tonight looking through the manual. Still haven't come up with a suitable ignition "hot" for my 12V relay. Considering wiring the relay up to one of the cigarette lighters (makes most sense)

·
412 Posts
Don't do that. In the fuse panel there's a slot for Nissan add on accessories. Buy the add a circuit. Plug and play. No splicing or anything. I wired up my dash cams and radar with these.

·
80 Posts
Bumping an old thread to see if there are any other cool solutions to get power to a radar detector and dash cam (usb / 12v adaptor). I had tapped the wiring harness to the rear view mirror in my old car, but the "mini blade" harness looks a lot easier as long as I can hide the wires under the trim around the windshield.

Anyone tap the mirror, or get into the light console above the mirror instead of going to the fuse panel?

·
66 Posts
I've been on the brink of adding a few upgrades to the interior. Mostly, a built in radar detector and lights under the running boards. Thats when I stumbled upon the Genuine Nissan 999Q9-AY001 Accessory Service Connector. Cost about $15 on Amazon and the truck has two plugs to support it, one above the emergency brake and one behind the glove box.

If you go to this link: http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/asistgc_1/USENG/diskdocs/1/U/X/1UX17.PDF then go to page 12 of the .pdf and look at fig. 15, 16 & 17 it will show you the pin-out. This same .pdf will also show you the general location of the harness adapter. I feel this would be a better solution to cutting into the harness as it can be completely reversible.

·
80 Posts
I've been on the brink of adding a few upgrades to the interior. Mostly, a built in radar detector and lights under the running boards. Thats when I stumbled upon the Genuine Nissan 999Q9-AY001 Accessory Service Connector. Cost about $15 on Amazon and the truck has two plugs to support it, one above the emergency brake and one behind the glove box.
Thanks, so there are two good options for accessories besides splicing lines. The harness is showing up as $51 cdn plus shipping on amazon.ca so will probably go with the mini blade fuse adaptor for the radar and dash cam.

·
66 Posts
Thanks, so there are two good options for accessories besides splicing lines. The harness is showing up as $51 cdn plus shipping on amazon.ca so will probably go with the mini blade fuse adaptor for the radar and dash cam.
Yes, Amazon shows it for $18usd and $51usd, but I have found it at a few other places for as low as $14usd from https://www.nissanautosports.com/nissan-accessory-service-connector-2268-prd1.htm which I have found to have VERY competitive pricing on all of my Nissan wish-list items.

·
80 Posts

·
22 Posts
I bought this and I'm very happy with it. Tapping was easy enough

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00J...irror+Wire&dpPl=1&dpID=418FneYX-6L&ref=plSrch

Bumping an old thread to see if there are any other cool solutions to get power to a radar detector and dash cam (usb / 12v adaptor). I had tapped the wiring harness to the rear view mirror in my old car, but the "mini blade" harness looks a lot easier as long as I can hide the wires under the trim around the windshield.

Anyone tap the mirror, or get into the light console above the mirror instead of going to the fuse panel?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts