Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello to all. I’ve been following this forum for about a month now learning a ton about these trucks, what you all love about them, and what’s potentially not so great. I’m looking to get into a truck sometime in the next month or two after I pick up new orders from the Navy. I have been cross shopping the Silverado LTZ and Sierra SLE 4x4’s but to me, getting an XD 4x4 with a Cummins motor and beefier parts for about the same price seems to make way more sense. I’m hoping to get into a 2016 Pro4x or Platinum Reserve with around 30k miles or less. I currently drive a vw gti with all the racecar parts so while I have extensive knowledge on turbos the diesel thing will be very new. I look forward to any advice from the forum on purchasing and any experiences you can share in moving into a truck. Pic of current whip for attention.

Attachments

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello and welcome. Do you have the need for so much truck?
Need is certainly subjective. Realistically, this is a truck I’ll have my first couple kids with and drive for 10 years or more until it falls apart. I’m looking at purchasing a decent sized boat in a couple years and definitely want enough truck that pulling a boat is a breeze. I also want comfort after driving a slammed hatchback through college that absorbs every imperfection in the road. Do I need this much truck immediately? Nah. But excess is luxury and I would rather do it right the first time

·
274 Posts
I have a mazdaspeed3/came from one to the cummins xd. Alot nicer ride and smoother but u won't have that instant throttle response your used too. No price difference in fuel since premium cost more than diesel just bigger tank. Also my insurance is cheaper with the truck than my speed3.

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a mazdaspeed3/came from one to the cummins xd. Alot nicer ride and smoother but u won't have that instant throttle response your used too. No price difference in fuel since premium cost more than diesel just bigger tank. Also my insurance is cheaper with the truck than my speed3.
My girlfriend would tell you a little less throttle response would not be a bad thing lmao

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! I can say with out a doubt, I think you'll enjoy the space, ride, and utility having a truck. I used to pile sheet rock on top of my S10 blazer back in the day, pretty sketchy with a narrow wheel base. But at that time in my life...it's what I had. The driveline under these trucks are carried over from nissan's 1ton van line....so which ever engine and trans combo you go with, it should last you a long time. Diesels are great for towing, but be warned if your commutes are short (under 20-30miles), regens are a pain (unless you delete the system), so a gasser may be better for that type of use and will still haul a large boat fine.

·
10 Posts
Hello to all. I’ve been following this forum for about a month now learning a ton about these trucks, what you all love about them, and what’s potentially not so great. I’m looking to get into a truck sometime in the next month or two after I pick up new orders from the Navy. I have been cross shopping the Silverado LTZ and Sierra SLE 4x4’s but to me, getting an XD 4x4 with a Cummins motor and beefier parts for about the same price seems to make way more sense. I’m hoping to get into a 2016 Pro4x or Platinum Reserve with around 30k miles or less. I currently drive a vw gti with all the racecar parts so while I have extensive knowledge on turbos the diesel thing will be very new. I look forward to any advice from the forum on purchasing and any experiences you can share in moving into a truck. Pic of current whip for attention.
Would strongly suggest you look at 2017 or newer XD, the warranty changed to 5yrs/100k miles bumper to bumper. Big difference from 2016.

·
276 Posts
Would strongly suggest you look at 2017 or newer XD, the warranty changed to 5yrs/100k miles bumper to bumper. Big difference from 2016.
Pretty sure this dude bought a truck by now. 😎

1 - 9 of 9 Posts