Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted in another thread but I haven't heard back from anyone so I thought I would start another discussion to see if anyone else has had this issue and see if there was a resolution.

I have a 2017 Pro 4x diesel and have had this issue twice already. I am taking it into the dealership 7/9/2020 and I'm sure they won't be able to recreate this condition so I'm looking for areas to push them towards.

Local Temp was in the 70's at about 10,xxx foot of elevation. I was on a trail with about an 8% grade, in 4 low and the RPM's wouldn't come up even when floored. It was a rocky trail but I wasn't losing traction the RPM's just wouldn't rise.

I had to turn off the A/C compressor, back up to the flat ground to be able to rev the RPM's, and gun it to make it up. I saw someone mention the possible issue is the ECM?

Has anyone else experienced this before? Were you able to find a resolution?

Thanks for all the relevant advice.

·
595 Posts
I think in the past this type of problem was traced back to traction control/vehicle dynamic control intervention. You may not feel the traction slipping but the sensors detect something and based on the attitude of the vehicle and everything else it starts limiting power. If you try the same maneuver with VDC/Traction Control turned off I bet you'll have more power.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think in the past this type of problem was traced back to traction control/vehicle dynamic control intervention. You may not feel the traction slipping but the sensors detect something and based on the attitude of the vehicle and everything else it starts limiting power. If you try the same maneuver with VDC/Traction Control turned off I bet you'll have more power.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Thanks for the information! That didn't even cross my mind.

·
2018 XD Pro4x Gas
283 Posts
Nah cause some scenarios the TCS actually helps you climb obstacles without gunning it. Then I would think that heavy diesel engine would help as well.

And I actually keep mine on when pulling boat out if the water. It really helps if you leave it in and ease the gas in 4wd. Like, it’s easier around lakes here where the ramps are always muddy/mucky and shallow so you’re dragging your back end in the water. Guys always say turn it off but they are flooring it and slip around.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts