Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering doing a pre-service interval oil service myself. Currently at 5K miles, still did not receive a service needed light.

As I understand it, the service intervals are based on individual vehicle usage, what have the average odometer readings been for your first service?

·
Super Moderator
286 Posts
Personally, I never use the vehicle computer to tell me when to do an oil change. I base it on time and mileage.

·
210 Posts
Did my first oil change at 5100 miles. Doesn't hurt to do it early. Especially the first one

·
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did my first oil change at 5100 miles. Doesn't hurt to do it early. Especially the first one
What oil did you replace it with? I feel like I'm going to change the oil then 1,000 miles later my oil service light is going to go on. Total waste of money.

·
1,979 Posts
When I use full synthetic, I go six months or 5,000 miles. Some may say I'm changing the oil too often, but it works for me.
When the remainder tells you time then it's time other than that it's a waste of Money, time & creating unnecessary pollution. You'll probably be doubling your intervals.

·
Super Moderator
286 Posts
When the remainder tells you time then it's time other than that it's a waste of Money, time & creating unnecessary pollution. You'll probably be doubling your intervals.
That's your opinion, and your welcome to it. Also, I recycle all my oil so I'm not adding any "pollution".

·
1,979 Posts
That's your opinion, and your welcome to it. Also, I recycle all my oil so I'm not adding any "pollution".
It's a fact, not really a option. Do some research, you'll probably give up the old school way of thinking.
Regular Dyno oil is good for well over 10k these days.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts