Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you have the means to check out what rockford fosgate has to offer in sound in the XD, take a listen, It's incredible. I finally can say for a truck, this checks all my boxes in sound. The highs and mids are crisp and focused right on for my tastes. The subwoofer that's under the passenger seat outputs a surprising amount of bass from an 8in driver. It all balanced well from R&B, Country, to Metal (A Fav). It actually had bass you can feel not just hear...very pleased with their product in this truck. Snapped a pic or two of the sub and what looks to be an amplifier under the driver seat?...or could be nissan connect stuff as well since I've heard they might have integrated the amp into the box. Didn't bother with the other pics of the speakers as they are easy to find via pictures already out.

BigRed

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you provide a link to a video so that we can hear the sound?
Unfortunately it's impossible to get an accurate sound reproduction without hearing it for yourself. Most microphones even in the thousand dollar range won't do it as much justice as well as your own ears;)

·
904 Posts
Wish I had the RF system it was amazing in the truck I test drove but didn't opt for that for my own truck... Ugh budget constraints... Recommend everyone crank it up on their test drive

·
404 Posts
It sounds pretty good. Definitely one of the better stock systems. It came in my SL and I'm fairly happy with it. Kinda wish the subwoofers were in the rear, rather than under the passenger seat.

If you really want to be impressed check out a brand new Toyota 4Runner. Sounded like an aftermarket 12" woofer. Very loud and crisp highs too.

·
404 Posts

·
6 Posts
Just got a 17 PR with the RF system. It's good for a stock system, but not great.
I find the bass muddy from the door speakers, though only really noticeable on tracks with a lot of low bass. I'm going to add some high pass filters to remove the low frequencies that should be handled by the sub anyway. I may also swap out the amp for a Zapco I have. May keep the stock amp for the sub though. Some Focals would probably be a nice improvement as well, but I'll wait to see if the other mods clean it up first.

·
450 Posts
Just got a 17 PR with the RF system. It's good for a stock system, but not great.
I find the bass muddy from the door speakers, though only really noticeable on tracks with a lot of low bass. I'm going to add some high pass filters to remove the low frequencies that should be handled by the sub anyway. I may also swap out the amp for a Zapco I have. May keep the stock amp for the sub though. Some Focals would probably be a nice improvement as well, but I'll wait to see if the other mods clean it up first.
Give the factory setup a little bit of time to break in and let the speakers loosen up. Mine was that way as well.....I was always fiddling with the bass and treble because I felt like the door speakers sounded muddy, but after quite a few hours of hard beatings I think it has loosened up really well and sounds great now.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
My Pro4X has the RF sound system and I am happy with it...especially considering the utility and audio package is only $1100.

·
507 Posts
That 1100.00 package is definitely a good value, and a must have.
I am a Sirius subscriber, and it is great sounding on the RF system.

·
9 Posts
Hi everyone, would anybody know if there's a pre wired plug already installed under the passenger seat for the RF sub to simply plug into if you were to want to add it.
Thanks

·
82 Posts
I just added the RF OEM sub to my 2019 XD and there was no plug. I made one from generic connectors you can get off ebay or amazon, then made a wire harness that goes over to the drivers seat. Nice part was, the holes and inserts for the bolts needed to secure the sub were already installed, so I just needed to find suitable bolts. Now that it's in, it looks factory AF. I will install the amp this weekend. My hope is that the speaker, trigger, power wires etc will be there to tap into. If not, I'll spend half of the day making those harnesses I suppose.

Hi everyone, would anybody know if there's a pre wired plug already installed under the passenger seat for the RF sub to simply plug into if you were to want to add it.
Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts