Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
7 Posts
Am I the only one here (aside from Wayne) who thinks these prices mean the titan is basically dead on arrival? Just no way they can get customers to rationally pick their truck over a less expensive better performing 3/4 ton. Fully loaded Lariats crews are had for thousands less than these prices. In my mind, the only way this truck works is if it was offered at significant discounts to the 3/4 ton.

·
17 Posts
Nissan has offered really aggressive discounts on previous Titans and other SUVs so I would assume this would be the case here. For example, I bought my 2012 Pro4X Titan for around $13K off the sticker price a few years back. I would bet we see some pretty big incentives from dealers depending on initial supply and demand. Definitely interested to see how this plays out.

Also can't wait to see what the pricing looks like for the gasser XD and non-XD Titans...probably around $50K for a fully loaded crew cab Titan Pro4X (non XD) with the new V8. Guess I will have to wait till the spring/summer to even see what it looks like LOL

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
That should put the SV premium 4x4 about $64000 canadian. Which isn't out to lunch compared to an outdoorsman ecodiesel I have been looking at msrp of $63000.
But the big difference I can get $15000 off the ecodiesel and 0% financing on the ram right now.
Titan is more capable, but tests show not nearly as good on fuel as the ecodiesel.

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
Are you kidding?

If that's US prices the Titan XD will top out around $80,000 with our weak dollar. No wonder Canada isn't getting any of the first run, it's going to be so expensive it'll never move off the lots.

That kind of pricing is out to lunch.

·
492 Posts
Some people are willing/able to pay MSRP. I have never paid msrp, and I never will. There are better deals out there on other vehicles right now, but there will eventually be discounts offered on the Titan. If you can't wait for a better deal, then buy whatever suits your needs. Give Nissan the middle finger and do what's makes you happy. If enough people choose to buy something other than a Titan, then the price will come down for those who are still thinking of buying a new XD.
Do you think that you could get a steal on a 2015 Titan right now? I'll bet you can get one at or below cost just to clear them off of the lots.

·
5 Posts
It'll be interesting to wait and see what happens....again. I'm not totally out, still want to drive the **** thing before I get too carried away. How long 'til that will be possible? I noticed the Nissan build page said "Available Now"....

·
492 Posts
It'll be interesting to wait and see what happens....again. I'm not totally out, still want to drive the **** thing before I get too carried away. How long 'til that will be possible? I noticed the Nissan build page said "Available Now"....
Right now, if you search for a Titan XD, all that comes up are j2015 models that are left in the system.
I expect that will change as the dealers begin to get them on the lots.

·
44 Posts
I'm in. $45000 or so sticker before discounts for a diesel, crew, 4x4 works for me on paper. I'm lucky to get a 2015 ford f250 xl ( with NO power doors, locks, cruise, tilt/telescoping wheel) 4x4, 6.7 diesel access cab for under $44000. Chevy 2500 but with power doorlocks and windows? not for under $45000 and those ford and Chevy numbers are the discounted numbers.

Now we will see real world MPG, durability ( ie problems) when people can drive them. I wonder if Nissan is figuring " Hey, people spend $50-$60,000 on an F-150 or Chevy/GMC 1500 why won't they want the diesel?" This truck looks good to me in entry level trim.

·
363 Posts
Paying more for less is a tough proposition for most. It all comes down to how bad Nissan wants to sell them (aka discount). Might also want to consider depreciation as a heavily discounted HD should be worth much more a few years down the road versus a less aggressively discounted XD.

·
7 Posts
I can't believe people are complaining when they haven't even taken them for a test drive yet. Coming from a guy who has drove one, I would say they're worth every dollar. Nissan builds quality stuff for the most part; you get what you pay for. This thing is still cheaper in its platinum version than the 15 F150 platinum.

·
49 Posts
Some people are willing/able to pay MSRP. I have never paid msrp, and I never will. There are better deals out there on other vehicles right now, but there will eventually be discounts offered on the Titan. If you can't wait for a better deal, then buy whatever suits your needs. Give Nissan the middle finger and do what's makes you happy. If enough people choose to buy something other than a Titan, then the price will come down for those who are still thinking of buying a new XD.
Do you think that you could get a steal on a 2015 Titan right now? I'll bet you can get one at or below cost just to clear them off of the lots.
With dealers only getting one or two XDs in the near future, I don't think they really have to worry about making space.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Well I just got official price on my sv premium 4x4 $63000 canadian plus $1750 frt plus tax. Ouch no word on incentives that's msrp

·
58 Posts
SV 4x2 with minor doo-dads rang up at about $46k. I can do that. I will do that. The question is: when will such a vehicle actually exist? I pretty much suspect that all the early deliveries will be totally pimped out.

I will squeeze another year out of my 2004 Titan and start shopping around Halloween 2016...

Mike

·
492 Posts
With dealers only getting one or two XDs in the near future, I don't think they really have to worry about making space.
With only 57 early model Titans within 500 miles of me, I don't think that they need to clear the lots to make room, just to sell the last few remaining trucks.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
One small added bonus for us Canadians. The titan xd sv with premium package includes utility package. In the U.S. they are separate.

·
23 Posts
Just read an article on C&D and they made a good point... compare the pricing of the XD w/Cummins to the Ram 1500 EcoDiesel and you'll understand the pricing more. It carries a $2600 premium over the EcoDiesel and we know which truck is more capable/powerful.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts