Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the max tire sizes you guys been running on the 18 and 20" rims without any rubbing or having to do any mods.

And whats the max size with the 2 inch leveling kits?

·
1,300 Posts
I got 275 70 18s no rubbing at all anything bigger on my truck rubs on the inner driver fender. I trimmed just a touch of the inner fender like 1/4"

·
701 Posts
This truck has small looking tires from the factory.
Not small, but the truck is so big it makes the tires look small.

I'll put bigger tires on mine when these wear out. As big as I can go without a lift/level or losing my stock mud flaps.
I don't think the paint on the bottom of my doors and such would last long here without those on.

·
1,300 Posts
I agree big time!! i tried to fit a 295 duratrac on my truck but it was hitting the inner fender like mad. it sucks because the 295 looked so much better on it lol. It really all depends on the tires they are all different, they might be labeled as the same size but they are not the same true size.

Go find a good tire shop and get them to test fit the tires for you, that's what I do. Get the right tires, other wise you will be chopping the sh*t out of the truck to make em fit lol.

·
82 Posts
I have the ko2s (305) with a 2" lift. I had to do some trimming in the reat of the front wheel wells. Not a stock wheel though. +20 offset.

·
430 Posts
I agree big time!! i tried to fit a 295 duratrac on my truck but it was hitting the inner fender like mad. it sucks because the 295 looked so much better on it lol. It really all depends on the tires they are all different, they might be labeled as the same size but they are not the same true size.

Go find a good tire shop and get them to test fit the tires for you, that's what I do. Get the right tires, other wise you will be chopping the sh*t out of the truck to make em fit lol.

just wondering how the 295s rubbed and the 305s on wakinvols pro4x didn't rub. I think the ko2s are 12.2 inches wide and 33.5 inches in diameter, and the 295s are 11.8 inches wide and 33.1 inches in diameter. maybe I'm missing something?

·
105 Posts

I'll put bigger tires on mine when these wear out. As big as I can go without a lift/level or losing my stock mud flaps.
I don't think the paint on the bottom of my doors and such would last long here without those on.
My wife (who isn't a car gal and hardly notices anything on vehicles) said my P4x's tires were small too. LOL! I don't plan on lifting it as I feel it would impact the ride some. The P4Xs already right a little bumpy/stiff compared to the SL's and PR's. Plus my small kids can barely get into it now even with the factory running boards!

·
17 Posts
I will be putting 20x10 KMC XD Enduro wheels with a -24 Offset and some 305/55/20 BFG KO2's as soon as my 3 inch Calmini lift comes in...which is taking 3 times longer then they promised. Anyways there is a dealer in Utah running the same setups and they will rub behind the front tire until you do the cutting and grinding...hope we can figure that part out or im out of a lot of money as I already have the wheels and tires mounted and ready to go.

·
430 Posts
I will be putting 20x10 KMC XD Enduro wheels with a -24 Offset and some 305/55/20 BFG KO2's as soon as my 3 inch Calmini lift comes in...which is taking 3 times longer then they promised. Anyways there is a dealer in Utah running the same setups and they will rub behind the front tire until you do the cutting and grinding...hope we can figure that part out or im out of a lot of money as I already have the wheels and tires mounted and ready to go.
first thing would be to remove the mud flaps. next, when doing your trimming, you'll wanna take a little at a time. harbor freight sells a really small hand saw (I can take pictures if you need) for like 6 bucks that I used in combination with a Dremel to cut what I needed. the benefit of the Dremel is that it allows you to grind and blend the plastic. I have 295/70/18 tires with a 2/1 leveling kit on my pro4x

·
17 Posts
first thing would be to remove the mud flaps. next, when doing your trimming, you'll wanna take a little at a time. harbor freight sells a really small hand saw (I can take pictures if you need) for like 6 bucks that I used in combination with a Dremel to cut what I needed. the benefit of the Dremel is that it allows you to grind and blend the plastic. I have 295/70/18 tires with a 2/1 leveling kit on my pro4x
I would love to see some pictures as one of our Techs and I will be doing this for the first time. Thank you in advance for your help.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts