Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
55 Posts
$64 Question: I would like to run a 285/70R18 tire on my factory 18" Pro4X wheels with NO leveling kit. I have removed the factory mud flaps on my truck, please let me know if you guys think this would work? Or post up pics if you have already done it.

Research: I know with a leveling kit it would be easy, but that's not the look I'm after. I prefer to stuff the largest tire possible under a stock height truck and IMO my Pro4X XD already sits pretty high up off of the pavement, so I would prefer not to raise the center of gravity anymore then it already is.

So based on what I've found from searching, seems like a few members on here (including wakinvol) have already fit a 305/65R18 tire on stock height, stock wheels without clearance issues which is good news. With that being said a 285/70R18 & 305/65R18 tire should be very close to the same height, with the 285 being more narrow. I know tires of the same size will vary by a small amount from different manufactures.

This makes me hopeful that there may be enough room inside the fender to fit a 285/70R18 without needing a level. (I'm ok with having to do a small amount of trimming, just nothing exessive and I would prefer to only have to cut the plastic fender liner, not metal or any part of the bumper. I guess I'm unsure if the tire were to make contact inside the fender if it would hit on the front or back of the fender?)

One thing I found interesting in my search, is that there does NOT appear to be very many tire choices in a 285/70R18 (I don't want to run a 285/65R18 because it is not large enough tire for the look I'm after.) Also the tires that are available in that size are very expensive! $$$

Thanks in advance for any assistance and let me know your guys thoughts and if there are any other brand tires in a 285/70R18 that you know of that I'm missing? If I can find a local tire shop that would allow me to "try" this size tire on my truck and switch to a different size if need be, I may just give it a shot. I'll be sure to post of pics if it works. I know a 275/70R18 will fit without fuss, but I know a 285/70R18 would look so much better!

·
1,281 Posts
The BFG 305/65's will fit no problem on the stock pro 4x wheels...If you are going to keep stock wheels that's the route I would take, No trimming and a good meaty tire.

·
50 Posts
The BFG 305/65's will fit no problem on the stock pro 4x wheels...If you are going to keep stock wheels that's the route I would take, No trimming and a good meaty tire.
Are these specifically the ones you are referencing?

ALL-TERRAIN T/A KO2 - SIZE: LT305/65R18

·
42 Posts
I have BFG A/T KO2 305's on stock rims. Removed the front mud lips and small trim on the drivers side fender plastic only. No lift installed (yet). Small rub for a moment only when the steering is first cranked over.The truck looks SO good now and it is a fantastic tire. It fills in the wheel well nicely.

·
73 Posts
I have BFG A/T KO2 305's on stock rims. Removed the front mud lips and small trim on the drivers side fender plastic only. No lift installed (yet). Small rub for a moment only when the steering is first cranked over.The truck looks SO good now and it is a fantastic tire. It fills in the wheel well nicely.
Any pics?

·
203 Posts
Can I fit 305/70R18 on the stock P4X rim w/ 3" RC lift? I'm currently running 305/65R18 but I'm looking to go a little beefier.

·
1,281 Posts
34.81x12.01 according to my math. Taller but no wider than my 305/65-18. Might work but I’m not sure. I’m gonna do Ridge Grapplers in 295/70-18 next. They will fit.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts