Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to post this as a PSA to anyone reading. My XD had a really nasty pull right which required setting the wheel to the left at the 10*o-clock position to drive straight. I was fortunate that my servicing dealer sells a bunch of Titans and all the techs there own XDs so they were very familiar with the problem.

End Result; alignment was bang on the problem was a tire defect and was solved by rotating side to side.

They didn't specify which tire or whether it was a radial push or pull. However I got an offer to replace all 4 at an unspecified time but at least it's driving straight now. If you're having problems I would recommend they do the same, I'm betting there was a bad batch of General Grabber tires for a specific batch of trucks so I'll have to check my build date.

·
207 Posts
Wanted to post this as a PSA to anyone reading. My XD had a really nasty pull right which required setting the wheel to the left at the 10*o-clock position to drive straight. I was fortunate that my servicing dealer sells a bunch of Titans and all the techs there own XDs so they were very familiar with the problem.

End Result; alignment was bang on the problem was a tire defect and was solved by rotating side to side.

They didn't specify which tire or whether it was a radial push or pull. However I got an offer to replace all 4 at an unspecified time but at least it's driving straight now. If you're having problems I would recommend they do the same, I'm betting there was a bad batch of General Grabber tires for a specific batch of trucks so I'll have to check my build date.

Thanks Sentinel...very interesting. I too noticed this after picking min up earlier this week. Took it back the following day and they couldn't use their alignment machine as the specs weren't loaded in it yet. So, they did it manually supposedly. It's improved, but still present. Will mention this to them when I go back by there. If you learn more, please share. Thanks!

·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Sentinel...very interesting. I too noticed this after picking min up earlier this week. Took it back the following day and they couldn't use their alignment machine as the specs weren't loaded in it yet. So, they did it manually supposedly. It's improved, but still present. Will mention this to them when I go back by there. If you learn more, please share. Thanks!
Well if your dealer doesn't have the specs McGavock out here in Lubbock, TX does and mine was OK it was just a defective tire or tire(s). They aren't completely sure and wanted me to give them an update after a couple days of driving it. I had intended to go bring it back in September to get the tailgate fixed and change the fluids; I'll get it done then.

That said she's definitely straight as an arrow now and while you're there if you haven't got the updated software for the ECU I would do that; rides much better now.

·
658 Posts
The truck has been out for over 1/2 a year and they dont have alignment specs?

·
207 Posts
The truck has been out for over 1/2 a year and they dont have alignment specs?

HA...Exactly. My actual response was.. "Your ****ing kidding, right? LOL". "Their "system" hadn't been updated with them was a further explanation. Either way, I'll be going back by there in the next day or two to pickup my running boards and mud flaps they owed me, and will talk w/ them on it a bit more.

Reactions: digitalbliss

·
348 Posts
There are several posts on earlier threads about this also. Mine was alignment, not tires.

·
167 Posts
I've got over 10K miles now on a pro 4x and have never had any alignment issues. purchased late march. However, I did throw new skins on right after I bought it. I have yet to buy a new truck with tires that are worth 2 cents. Even if they are brand name, they are usually 2nd's or 3rd's that they get for the price points. seen many a truck on the side of the road due to stock tires. This is all manufactures.

·
658 Posts
HA...Exactly. My actual response was.. "Your ****ing kidding, right? LOL". "Their "system" hadn't been updated with them was a further explanation. Either way, I'll be going back by there in the next day or two to pickup my running boards and mud flaps they owed me, and will talk w/ them on it a bit more.
That's Busch league! They better get it together, and in a hurry, if they want to be taken seriously.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts