Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy either Baja Boss or KO2 in 295/70/18. I take vacation trips in a travel trailer and also go off-road through mud. I use the truck as a daily driver. Does anyone have experience with this tire size on a stock Pro4x 2018 or similar year?

· Premium Member
2018 XD Platinum Reserve 5.6L gasser
452 Posts
Yup. Agree with cajun. Not gonna happen without some modification.

88 Posts
I am looking to buy either Baja Boss or KO2 in 295/70/18. I take vacation trips in a travel trailer and also go off-road through mud. I use the truck as a daily driver. Does anyone have experience with this tire size on a stock Pro4x 2018 or similar year?
I have a 2016 p4x. When it was in stock form I had 275/70/18 KO2’s and they fit just fine. I measured them and they were right around 33” tall. They were great on road. I found them to be a little lacking of grip off road compared to the toyo open country mud terrain tires that we’re on the truck when I bought it. So maybe that’s not a fair comparison. I never hauled anything over 5k with them but at that low weight they did just fine.

I currently have a 5” procomp lift with method rims that have a significant offset and have the Mickey Thompson Baja boss AT’s. They are 35/12.5 R18. So they are about an inch taller and wider (I think) than the size you were asking about.

But even with the lift, the offset of the rims, removing the front mudflaps, and some light cutting they rubbed pretty bad just about any time I turned. I had to take it back in to get more cutting done to solve the rubbing problem. I’m not sure how much total was cut because I didn’t do it.

On road the Baja boss are great. I haven’t towed over 5k yet but they handle that with ease. I’ve only had them off-road once. I was at an off-road park primarily driving around my side by side. I was with my wife who is a bit of a buzzkill off-road so I wasn’t able to really get at it. But I did take the truck into the park for about 45 minutes to get a feel for how much my clearance improved with the lift and how the tires did….with a light test I was really impressed with the tires (the lift too but that’s not what your asking about). I drove through several mud pits at progressively slower speeds and the tires didn’t slip once. At one point I was idling through mud pits, almost trying to get stuck and the tires never slipped. This wasn’t what I would consider a proper off road test, but so far I’m really impressed with the tires. I feel like they perform comparable to proper MT tires. The tread pattern almost looks like MT’s.

I hope the size info helps you a bit. Having run both tire brands you mentioned I’d say go with the mickeys over the KO2’s. If you do any off-roading I feel like they perform significantly better. On road they are both great and I was able to get about 55k miles out of the KO2’s. I only have about 7k on the mickeys so far.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts