Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3t-EO32fRQ), I found an interesting comment by "Z Claire" where they said "My boyfriend is a Nissan Tech who is certified for the Titan XD, I showed him this video and he said the ECM limits engine power for the first few thousand miles to protect engine during the break in period".

Has anyone else heard of this or is it just internet BS?
If it's true, I think the dealerships would do well to tell customers so they would anticipate a change in performance at some point after the break-in period.

·
203 Posts
One of the comments talks about deleting it and hardway replied 3 days ago implying that it was already done and a video would be coming soon. Can't wait to see that!

·
38 Posts
I asked after testing about a break in program and the tech didn't know if their was one. Anybody have enough miles to notice more power and better milage?

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Like 14ec said earlier, possibly removed. could e the changes I felt in shift points after the computer was flashed by Nissan a few days ago.

·
203 Posts
Like 14ec said earlier, possibly removed. could e the changes I felt in shift points after the computer was flashed by Nissan a few days ago.
I meant there was a comment about doing a full delete kit on the truck, not deleting the comment about break in. Sorry for the confusion:confused::confused:

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Pete I think you misunderstood 14sec. He was commenting on them doing a delete kit on the xd.
As far as a break in program I would be surprised considering they want you to drive and work this diesel out of the gate to break it in properly.
I'm at 8000km, Economy is slightly improving and it's already better then I was anticipating. But I attribute that more to temps are warming up from winter. Hopefully winter diesel will be done soon.
The dealer reflash has changed my shift points.

·
235 Posts
I thought you weren't supposed to work the engine too hard out of the gate during the break in period?

Avoid driving for long periods at constant
speed, either fast or slow, and do not run the
engine over 4,000 RPM.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
I wasn't meaning red lining it. They want this motor worked under load for break in.
It's all in the diesel supplement manual.

·
904 Posts
I thought you weren't supposed to work the engine too hard out of the gate during the break in period?
Quote:
Avoid driving for long periods at constant
speed, either fast or slow, and do not run the
engine over 4,000 RPM.

That is the break in for the gas engine. The break in for the diesel is in the supplement.

ENGINE BREAK-IN

RECOMMENDATIONS

Warm up the engine before operating it under
load.

Do not operate the engine at idle for extended
periods.

Prevent engine lugging by selecting the appropriate
transmission gear.

Monitor the vehicle oil pressure and temperature
gauges.

Check fluid levels frequently (oil and coolant).

Vary the throttle position at highway speeds

when carrying weight or towing.

NOTE:

Extended light or no load operation will

extend the time before the engine reaches

its full efficiency. If the engine is operated

in this manner reduced fuel economy and

power may be observed.

The aforementioned procedure should be observed

for the first 6,000 miles. The engine run-in

is improved by operating the vehicle under load.

·
203 Posts
Throw 1500lbs worth of crap in the bed for the first couple of months. Sacks of concrete are cheap enough, buy 20 bags from Home Depot then go return em once you hit 6000 miles, haha

·
38 Posts
Pete I think you misunderstood 14sec. He was commenting on them doing a delete kit on the xd.
As far as a break in program I would be surprised considering they want you to drive and work this diesel out of the gate to break it in properly.
I'm at 8000km, Economy is slightly improving and it's already better then I was anticipating. But I attribute that more to temps are warming up from winter. Hopefully winter diesel will be done soon.
The dealer reflash has changed my shift points.
What are you getting for milage?

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Mine seems really content around 12L/100km or approx. 20 mpg. That's an average of 70 highway and 30 town.

Yes it dips for regen. And best I have got on a 80km trip was around 10.5L/100km or around 23 mpg. I have done that same trip a few times now and it's right around there every time.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts