Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased my PRO4X at the beginning of February due to my previous truck just completely taking a dump on me. Have enjoyed it so far and have 1400 miles on her now. Went to the dealership asking about oil change prices for future reference, HOLY unbelievable, was quoted at $369 for oil filter oil and fuel filter replacement. Maybe I'm too new to the diesel game but **** that sounds like it's overpriced. Looking at trying to get some accessories for the truck, cab and/or bed slide that fits on the rails since I don't plan on using the goose neck anytime soon.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
I emailed CargoGlide. They said they would make one to fit the rails in the bed, they do custom orders.

I am waiting for my PRO4X. As soon as I get it I will be measuring it up pass the data to CargoGlide.

·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well good thing it's not supposed to need the change for a while than!!
Appreciate the info on the cargoslide, if I get some free time and remember to go out and do it I'll shoot them an email before you :)
A.R.E says they have the Z series cap for the XD but I'm not seeing the option on the dealers near me.

·
905 Posts
Made my dealer throw in 3 years of free complete maintenance, sounds like it will pay off lol.

Make sure that you have that in writing and signed off by a manager.

When they realize how much the recommended maintenance is on this truck someone in sales is going to lay an egg....lol.

·
42 Posts
Make sure that you have that in writing and signed off by a manager.

When they realize how much the recommended maintenance is on this truck someone in sales is going to lay an egg....lol.
So what is the maintenance schedule on this truck. I haven't seen it posted yet.

·
16 Posts
Maintenance schedule call for oil change and fuel filters change every 16,000km. Also tranny fluid change every 32,000km which seems excessive.

·
56 Posts
Is it

Oil every 5k miles
Fuel filter every 10k miles
Tranny every 20k miles

or

Oil & Fuel filter every 10k miles
Tranny every 20k miles

?

·
16 Posts
Conversion would be 10,000 miles (oil change and fuel filters) and 20,000 miles (for tranny fluid change).

·
72 Posts
10k for oil change on a diesel? Now I'm going to have to go dig the books out.
Over twice that of my regular intervals if that is the case.
The 6.4 ford fills with diesel in the oil.
Instead of long drives and low oil level, it was long drive and overfull lol.

·
905 Posts
Oil change intervals are approx. guidelines. The computer will determine it from your driving patterns, so it may be more often.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Yeah 10,000 miles or 16,000 km for oil change intervals max. For the lightest duty of Use.
What I don't agree with is tranny change its way to often at 32000km. Im pretty sure with the aisin in the ram it's closer to 100,000km tranny service.

·
404 Posts
Oil change intervals are approx. guidelines. The computer will determine it from your driving patterns, so it may be more often.
This is the correct answer.

My fathers 2015 F-150 also does the same thing. The computer will tell you when you're ready for an oil change.

·
70 Posts
Purchased my PRO4X at the beginning of February due to my previous truck just completely taking a dump on me. Have enjoyed it so far and have 1400 miles on her now. Went to the dealership asking about oil change prices for future reference, HOLY unbelievable, was quoted at $369 for oil filter oil and fuel filter replacement. Maybe I'm too new to the diesel game but **** that sounds like it's overpriced. Looking at trying to get some accessories for the truck, cab and/or bed slide that fits on the rails since I don't plan on using the goose neck anytime soon.
I saw the genuine Nissan oil filters on eBay for $14 and fuel filters for $30

1 - 16 of 16 Posts