Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
596 Posts
I have been trying to get to the scales. Once on my way damn truck gave me a reduced power. Had to put in the shop. I bought a Tongue weight scale from E-trailer and with light cargo in the trailer the TW was 1050lbs. I still need to get to the scales. I have pulled it 10 miles to a local camp ground to do a shakedown cruise. The scale numbers will tell me if I need to make some changes. Thanks for your reply.
Joe,

I think it is fantastic you are being so careful from the start about your load ratings and equipment, every day we see operators who pay no attention and a few suffer some troublesome consequences. Plus, you have to feel comfortable with what you are towing, it makes for a miserable trip if you spend it continually worried about your rig.

That being said, this truck handles AMAZINGLY well at max loads. I wouldn't PLAN on regularly loading beyond max however so long as your ratios, trailer wgt to tongue wgt to front/rear axle wgt are good I wouldn't sweat 100-200 lbs here or there. Several owners have reported pulling loads grossly beyond ratings with no problems and I have inadvertently exceeding load rating a couple of times and I wouldn't have known from handling or performance until it went across the scale...

That CEL for the coolant deal is annoying as heck, have seen a couple of owners report that problem, thankfully it is an easy fix. It always seems as if little problems crop up more often the more pressed for time a person is. A corollary to Murphy's Law, I suppose.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
2018 Titan XD SV 4x4, 5.0 Cummings, Midnight
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Joe,

I think it is fantastic you are being so careful from the start about your load ratings and equipment, every day we see operators who pay no attention and a few suffer some troublesome consequences. Plus, you have to feel comfortable with what you are towing, it makes for a miserable trip if you spend it continually worried about your rig.

That being said, this truck handles AMAZINGLY well at max loads. I wouldn't PLAN on regularly loading beyond max however so long as your ratios, trailer wgt to tongue wgt to front/rear axle wgt are good I wouldn't sweat 100-200 lbs here or there. Several owners have reported pulling loads grossly beyond ratings with no problems and I have inadvertently exceeding load rating a couple of times and I wouldn't have known from handling or performance until it went across the scale...

That CEL for the coolant deal is annoying as heck, have seen a couple of owners report that problem, thankfully it is an easy fix. It always seems as if little problems crop up more often the more pressed for time a person is. A corollary to Murphy's Law, I suppose.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Roadlesstraveled,. Thank you for your comment. I really am trying to be safe. I will get this dialed in. During my shakedown cruise I snapped a full length pic of the rig. It appears trailer is not as level as I thought. So, gonna mess with the WDH. Also gonna buy new inner plates. Dealer didn't install correctly, plates are not flush against TT frame (bowed) and bottom part bent. I don't think the kid tighten up the bolts evenly. The truck pulls it with ease, no issue there. I am thinking we are around 7500lbs right now, provided the dry weight of 6733 lbs is true. TW was 1050lb before we headed for the shakedown. We r leaving campsite on Sat and heading straight to the scales. Thank u again for your input.

Attachments

21 - 22 of 22 Posts