Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning,

Happy to finally say I got the truck I was looking for. 2018 Platinum Reserve with 9k miles. Was a dealer fleet truck and is spotless. Have big plans, hoping to follow a lot of the threads and advice here and make it my own. This forum is full of good info, I love it.

Attachments

·
633 Posts
Congrats on the new ride! You'll love it.

Reactions: arsystems

·
24 Posts
I waited a while to see how these trucks would do, and decided I wanted one. Glad I pulled the trigger, myself, and got the last year of the Diesel. You will love your new truck, gas or diesel, and this coming from a Toyota Tundra owner for 12 years. Congrats!

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I waited a while to see how these trucks would do, and decided I wanted one. Glad I pulled the trigger, myself, and got the last year of the Diesel. You will love your new truck, gas or diesel, and this coming from a Toyota Tundra owner for 12 years. Congrats!

Had a Tacoma since 2009, the frame rotted out and I went to get it checked. They said, "You missed it we aren't replacing them anymore." So they acknowledged that it is shot... but wouldn't fix it. So... bye Toyota.

·
24 Posts
Had a Tacoma since 2009, the frame rotted out and I went to get it checked. They said, "You missed it we aren't replacing them anymore." So they acknowledged that it is shot... but wouldn't fix it. So... bye Toyota.
Sorry to hear about this, I had a good friend with a 2008 recently had his replaced. Check this out, and if you still have the truck, you might be in luck. If not, I hope you do not sour on Toyota, as mine is till perfect, and not one spec of rust, but maybe being anal about cleanliness has its rewards.

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's interesting, the dealer I went to said they wouldn't do it. I never thought to go any further. I do still have the truck, maybe I'll dig a little deeper.

·
185 Posts
Sorry to hear about this, I had a good friend with a 2008 recently had his replaced. Check this out, and if you still have the truck, you might be in luck. If not, I hope you do not sour on Toyota, as mine is till perfect, and not one spec of rust, but maybe being anal about cleanliness has its rewards.
Currently own 3 Toyota trucks, '78 Hilux, '87 4Runner, '13 FJCruiser. Not a spec of rust on any of them.

·
1,616 Posts
Tell them I said to replace the frame;) I just had 2 done this summer. They don't like to do them but it's not really a choice they have. Toyota extended the time period for the frames a few times. I really have no clue how or why yotas hold there value. They seem to be some of the most rusted junk I work on. I just had to rebuild a rear on a 07 taco with 110k. Good luck and congrats on the XD.

·
635 Posts
I haven't driven a !black car in decades but I have to admit the two-tone white PR looks fantastic. Nice job and congrats!

·
3 Posts
Good morning,

Happy to finally say I got the truck I was looking for. 2018 Platinum Reserve with 9k miles. Was a dealer fleet truck and is spotless. Have big plans, hoping to follow a lot of the threads and advice here and make it my own. This forum is full of good info, I love it.
Congrats!!! How much out the door and where are you located?

·
24 Posts
I just bought the same with 17k miles on it. Paid 41k sales price
I picked up my '19 PR Diesel with 3,000 miles, demo truck, for 46K. I looked for months, and had to drive a few hundred miles, and even then, the dealer had to get it shipped in to them. Took a bit of haggling, but I dont get in a hurry when buying, and if the dealer knows that, sometimes they will work with you. Congrat's everyone, these trucks are awesome!
Cricket

1 - 12 of 12 Posts