Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Tomorrow morning our friends over at The Truth About Cars will be hosting a Q&A session with Nissan Titan product planning manager Brent Hagan.

They're asking any and all interested parties to submit their questions. It's your chance to help influence TTAC's review; what they like you might not, what TTAC hates you might want...

Post your questions in the comments!

·
51 Posts
Do you have a date that the crew cab trucks will be available in numbers on the dealership lots? Not just the display models but actual trucks to purchase on the spot.
Is there any date you can give us as to when the extended cab trucks will be available for purchase?
Will there be any chance of getting an option for a larger fuel tank?
Thank you!

·
38 Posts
I'm sure everyone (including me) wants to know the obvious: prices and mpg. But I did have some other questions.

1. What research/info did nissan use to decide on a 26 gallon fuel tank and why is there no option for a larger fuel tank?

2. Why is the pro4x the only trim level with an available rear locking differential?

3. Will the XD crew cab be available with a bed length shorter than the 6.5ft bed? If so, what will be the wheelbase length?

·
363 Posts
I think most do v-config diesels related to more optimal fitment.

You all probably know they're responding to question on the other website.

·
107 Posts
Why the towing is limited to 12,038 pounds?? For such a beefy truck, we were all expecting 13-14K 5th wheel towing capacity.

·
51 Posts
I think most do v-config diesels related to more optimal fitment.

You all probably know they're responding to question on the other website.
Frost is right, the questions are being posted in the comments on the other site, not this one. It just was confusing the way it was posted here.

·
91 Posts
1. What's up with the small screen and lackluster infotainment system?? Why didn't they make this feature a modern stand-out feature in the pickup truck class?

...the least they could have done is use the infotainment screen from the Maxima, especially considering this truck is considerably more $$

2. Why no power folding tow mirrors?

3. Certainly they knew early on about the uninspiring tow/haul ratings - why didn't take a different approach to increase these ratings?

3b. Due to the robustness of the chassis and powertrain...people will overload this truck without much thought. Will the "half-ton" rear axle stand up?

4. Why no sunroof in the first year?

Honestly, the first one is the major hinge point for me and determines whether I purchase this truck or not. The Ram has the industries best, Uconnect. I have lots of experience with it, and it truly is the best out there, bar none. I also have lots of experience with GM's Intelli mylink thing....it's awful, downright terrible - the worst of the domestics. As for Ford, they admitted that MyFordTouch was a problem child and have since copied Chrysler's Uconnect with Sync 3. So since I won't ever own another ford, and GM is...well, let's not go there...I'll be buying a Ram if this Titan ain't right.

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
Why a V8 Diesel instead of an I6?
This has been answered already in a couple videos.

The primary reason is packaging and ensuring the engine can stay within the space claim of a gasoline V8 or V10.

Inline six engines are tall and long.

·
772 Posts
be prepared for the same old answers everyone from nissan has been giving. Might as well just wait till january when you can go take one for a test drive.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
I just read the q&a. Not a whole lot of new info. But by the sounds of it they are not getting into official mpg numbers as speculated because of weight.

·
235 Posts
Q: Will you report EPA fuel economy for Titan XD even though you don’t have to?

Our plan is not to publish any EPA-like number since there is no EPA standard for vehicles above 8,500 pounds. We don’t want there to be an opportunity for confusion on what we’re releasing and we believe the media will do an excellent job of reporting apples-to-apples fuel economy performance of our new truck.
Guess that means the fuel economy numbers aren't that great but that was to be expected.

·
363 Posts
Yep, not much fresh info from program planner Hagan. It's even possible Hagan added no new info at all.

·
1 Posts
When

For the love of god when will this truck be available to at least look at in the north east. I've been to 3 dealers and they don't know anything.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts