Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Questions for you guys, I've been looking at buy the new Xd for sometime now. I have looked at several units , love all of them so far. I finally am getting close to pulling the trigger and brought one home from my dealer this weekend to drive and really look at overnight. The truck has 400 miles on it now as they used it to show kind of like a demo but otherwise is in perfect shape. I noticed tonight when I was looking under the body it has what looks to be transmission fluid or some type of oil leaking , I took these picture of it. Also the entire truck seems to be coated in what looks like oil underneath it, is this normal or something they put on the trucks for transport ? Any help you guys can give me would be great ! I just want to make sure if this isn't normal then i obviously wouldn't want this one. It is a platinum reserve .

Attachments

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that's what I thought. Sob. But I figured I'd ask you guys first, not a good start. Glad I don't own it yet :(

·
903 Posts
I agree it shouldn't be leaking anything. However nissan has been pretty fantastic about overnighting any parts necessary for a major fix. Good luck on your negotiations. I would definitely asked for it to be fixed or even ask for them to locate another truck for you to make the deal. Don't make the deal and then have it fixed. You may be without your baby for a couple weeks while nissan sends in engineers and then wait 2 weeks on a couple of bolts like I had to.

·
904 Posts
I have heard of some units having a loose fittings causing an oil leak. Let the dealer know and they will get it taken care off.
The factory adds red dye to the engine oil so it might be engine oil.

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also noticed when I drove the Titan xd it seemed to shift strange , some times didn't seem to be right . Both of those units at less then 20 miles on them. The unit I have today has 500 on it and it seems to shift much smoother. Is this something that works it's self out with the more miles they get ? Learning ?

Thanks for your help!

·
1,979 Posts
I also noticed when I drove the Titan xd it seemed to shift strange , some times didn't seem to be right . Both of those units at less then 20 miles on them. The unit I have today has 500 on it and it seems to shift much smoother. Is this something that works it's self out with the more miles they get ? Learning ?

Thanks for your help!
Yep, that trasmission has to learn the owners driving style.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts