Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
So I've had a Scangauge II hooked up from the second day of owning my 2019 P4x. I don't have the Fusion app but I would like to share all my regens for others to observe.
1 @ 603 miles
[email protected] 1212 miles
[email protected] 1798 miles
[email protected] 2230 miles
[email protected] 2582 miles = 352
[email protected] 3080 miles = 498
[email protected] 3248 miles = 168
[email protected] 3365 miles = 117 RG last 40 mi
[email protected] 4590 miles=1225. RG last 30mi
[email protected] 4705 miles= 115 RG last 20 mi
[email protected] 4945 m = 240 RG last 25 mi
[email protected] 5165m = 220 RG last 24 mi
[email protected] 5564m = 401 RG last 18 mi
[email protected] 5735m = 171 RG last 22 mi
[email protected] 5877m = 142 RG
[email protected] 6101m = 224 RG last 25 mi
[email protected] 6222m = 121 RG last 30 mi
[email protected] 6407m = 185 RG last 28 mi
[email protected] 6733m = 326 RG last 31 mi

Truck runs great. I do lots of city driving but also tow a tt once a month weighing 7000k lbs. Love my truck more everyday.
That's a great record there... thank you! Have you used additives in your fuel at all? ... can I assume that 1225 mile interval was towing your TT?

·
25 Posts
Ehidle. I have not used any fuel additive. I've thought about it but watching my scangauge and knowing when it's going to regen is more important to me. Short mileage regens don't bother me. It just effects my mileage. I think it's important when it is regenning to try and let the truck finish the regen in either one or two trips. Which is how I do it. The 1225 miles was a trip from Florida to Blue Ridge Georgia and back unloaded. In the mountains the truck loved it and would keep the eg3 temps up but I did use more def. It was passively cleaning so it will use more def. I track my def also(-:

·
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
@Erke thanks for your feedback. I am astonished that you got 1200 miles unloaded - but you're right that the mountains help. EGT needs to be consistently >600 for it to really be able to regen passively. Mountains can do that easily.

·
27 Posts
Pedal commander doesn't void the warranty does it? Has anyone used it and had warranty work done?

Also, In the last 800 miles I've had 1 regen (700 mile mark) that lasted 10 miles. They don't seem to happen too often, but I take 60ish mile trips, however I do idle a lot with my dog in the cab when I get out. I'd be curious if I'm normal or not.
Look at YouTube video's for reviews.. you will see many opinions of the PC and HDScorchers.. some are pretty detailed with trend charts etc.. convinced me to hold off for now..

·
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Alright so I have an update... I think I might have been mistaken about what the OBD-II system reports as the average miles between regens. I thought it was actually just reporting the last mileage interval, but apparently it is doing some kind of averaging, perhaps between the last some number of regens. I need to do some more poking around to figure it out but now that I know I am wrong about it, I can track down what this number really is.

I towed my trailer about 1100 miles last week and didn't go through a regen the entire time. This morning it had a super-short regen cycle on the way to work and I was anxiously awaiting a number of about ~1200 to be reported, but it was only about 770, which is about the average between the last two regen cycles I had (~250 miles + ~1200 miles averages to ~725)..

I might be able to rescue the data I have already collected, at least for myself, by using some iterative math. But for now I might need to cook up another method for the masses.

Stay tuned...

·
11 Posts
Look at YouTube video's for reviews.. you will see many opinions of the PC and HDScorchers.. some are pretty detailed with trend charts etc.. convinced me to hold off for now..
I purchased and installed a PC. It totally changes the whole vehicle. Mine uses Velcro straps to hide it and so if need-be I can disconnect it.

·
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I just ordered my PC from Amazon since it was 20% off today. I figure that was a good enough deal to try it, and I can always return it to Amazon if it doesn't work as expected. We'll see Friday when it comes in!

·
271 Posts
I just ordered my PC from Amazon since it was 20% off today. I figure that was a good enough deal to try it, and I can always return it to Amazon if it doesn't work as expected. We'll see Friday when it comes in!
thanks for sale info, just ordered mine too.

·
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Well I got mine installed, and I am definitely not impressed. It certainly makes the truck seem more lively, but only because it is amplifying the pedal signal. It doesn't actually do anything to help with the throttle hesitation, though. Under the conditions that are noted in the TSB for this issue, the hesitation is still there, and just as bad as it is without the PC.

The PC is basically indistinguishable from mashing the pedal harder. What's worse, on the higher settings, (probably City +3 and higher), the truck surges BADLY, so much so that it is really unsafe. It keeps accelerating after taking my foot off the pedal, which is inexcusable.

I should say that this is exactly what I expected - a simple amplifier on the pedal signal... but I'm glad I've confirmed it.

I hate to say it but I'm sending this back first thing Monday morning. Already have my return slip printed.

·
929 Posts
Well I got mine installed, and I am definitely not impressed. It certainly makes the truck seem more lively, but only because it is amplifying the pedal signal. It doesn't actually do anything to help with the throttle hesitation, though. Under the conditions that are noted in the TSB for this issue, the hesitation is still there, and just as bad as it is without the PC.

The PC is basically indistinguishable from mashing the pedal harder. What's worse, on the higher settings, (probably City +3 and higher), the truck surges BADLY, so much so that it is really unsafe. It keeps accelerating after taking my foot off the pedal, which is inexcusable.

I should say that this is exactly what I expected - a simple amplifier on the pedal signal... but I'm glad I've confirmed it.

I hate to say it but I'm sending this back first thing Monday morning. Already have my return slip printed.
That's funny, everyone else has a totally different outcome. Surging? Accelerating still after letting off throttle? You either got a faulty unit or your truck is possesed

·
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
That's funny, everyone else has a totally different outcome. Surging? Accelerating still after letting off throttle? You either got a faulty unit or your truck is possesed
I've felt my truck was possessed for a while.. but yeah it definitely surges... I think I just have one that has a TON of lag in, coming and going so to speak. I have a couple more days with it to experiment so I suppose my mind could change between now and then.

·
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Mine does not surge at all. I run City +4 all the time.
Last night I found that at City +2 it only surged a little but if I went to +3 it would surge quite a lot.. no setting (tried a bunch of them) did anything to reduce the "re-acceleration" lag that I've had issues with since I got the truck.

·
430 Posts
I, too, had just gotten the PC and I’m not impressed either. Just like most of you guys have set, City +4, there is still a little hesitation. I had tried all settings in City. The response is just more hesitated as I go towards -. +4 is max on City so I can’t try much more. Switching to Sport would be a No-No even at Zero. Too much response, it makes the truck jumps every time I press the acceleration pedal, gear would shift back and forth too much.

Basically, beside setting in Sport or Sport+, it makes almost no different in my case.
I think I’m leaning towards returning it. I bought it from Amazon when it had 20% off so if any of you want the discount, let me know before it is returned. As of right now, the price is back to $299. I had it for $239+tax

I’m glad it works for you guys, though. Sadly, it doesn’t work for me. I’d keep it if it does.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts