Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

Which combo do you prefer for your truck?

• Stock

• Deleted with straight pipe

• Deleted with muffler

• Deleted with resonator

• Deleted with muffler and resonator

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I deleted my truck a little over a year ago and have been running a 4"straight pipe that replaces the DPF and SCR. The turbo whistle is absolutley nuts. Eveb at idle it's very noticable, and while I enjoyed it for a while, it's getting old, now. I'm not the only one who thinks so, too.

I've read a lot about mufflers and resonators for the sake of killing drone at certain RPMs, but I'm trying to quiet the turbo whistle. What are you deleted guys running and what's your opinion? The straight pipe setup is getting annoying.

·
1,473 Posts
Like he said I went with the Twister. It was absolutely perfect for me. Slightly louder than stock but far from obnoxious.

·
2016 XD 4x4 Tuned with straight pipe.
729 Posts
Do you have a CAI? I feel like I couldn't even hear the turbo until I put on the CAI.

·
655 Posts
I ran it with a muffler. Love it

·
655 Posts
hi. which muffler did you get? Flo pro?
Thanks
I’ve got the AFE Power muffler purchased together with the straight pipe

Reactions: Lukman

·
123 Posts
I’m running the 4” replacement pipe, sounds fking spectacular! Absolutely 0 cab noise, it’s all outside, just the way I like it. The wife asked the other morning if I was ever gonna put a muffler on it, I just kindly smiled back at her hahaha

·
17 Posts
In conclusion - sounds like (no pun intended) that either flopro twister or muffler is a way to go. I was looking at flopro and they have aftermarket pipe 4” with muffler.

Can you add their twister in addition to the muffler or will it be overkill?

·
86 Posts
I have a 5in on mine and it literally sounds stock inside the truck with the windows rolled up. The only time it has a little bit of a drone is when I am towing heavy at 65mphish.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts