Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I seem to have developed a leak on a transmission cooler line on the passenger side of my radiator. I noticed a small transmission oil spot on my driveway and took it in today to get looked at. The tech showed me the pooling at a tranny line nipple however I am told the whole rad needs replacing.

Anyone else have had this rad issue?

tx guys!

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2016 with 74 000kms = 46 000 miles roughly..

·
25 Posts
I had a cracked tranny oil line at around 15k miles. Just a hairline crack in the line; replaced under warranty. Shit happens

·
872 Posts
Hey guys

I seem to have developed a leak on a transmission cooler line on the passenger side of my radiator. I noticed a small transmission oil spot on my driveway and took it in today to get looked at. The tech showed me the pooling at a tranny line nipple however I am told the whole rad needs replacing.

Anyone else have had this rad issue?

tx guys!
Not sure on these rads but if the nipple is aluminum it's not uncommon for pin holes to develop from all the wonderful salt and brine mixture they use on the roads up here. And they aren't available separately.

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey there @realbored !

Ok thanks man. When they showed it to me it almost looked like aluminum in the centre (fins) but both sides looked to me like they are hard plastic. It was hard to see though, The rad it ordered however its ETA has been 3 days for the past 6 lol. So I guess it gets here when it gets here!

Thanks again

M1lks

·
872 Posts
Hey there @realbored !

Ok thanks man. When they showed it to me it almost looked like aluminum in the centre (fins) but both sides looked to me like they are hard plastic. It was hard to see though, The rad it ordered however its ETA has been 3 days for the past 6 lol. So I guess it gets here when it gets here!

Thanks again

M1lks
Hey M1lkman
Ya the rad itself is aluminium fins and plastic tanks. Usually where the rubber hose goes onto the aluminium nipples is where they develop the leaks. Or on the power steering lines where there are clamps to mount them. See it more on other models, haven't had an XD leaking yet.

3 days usually means it's coming from the Montreal PDC, a week from the western PDC and longer than that would be out of the US. With all the travel restrictions in place who knows how long it will be.

Stay safe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts