Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new Titan last week. Everything's great except one radio issue. It cuts totally out for exactly 38 sec then plays for about a min and keeps doing that same pattern. When I turn it on in the morning it goes a little while like 10 min then falls back to that pattern. Weird!.. They swapped the head unit right away but didn't fix the problem. Now I've Been waiting almost a week so far, while they figure out the issue and decide on their next move. Has anyone had this issue or any suggestions.? Seems to be just an audio issue bc it does this on Sirius, am/fm and aux mode. Pretty annoying I have a brand new 65k truck and I can't even listen to my radio. Any help would be awesome!.. Thanks

·
78 Posts
I have had similar problem with my 2012 Titan SL .. If I use my Ipod on aux and crank it loud it will last about 10 mins then I loose everything.. let it sit for a bit and it will come back.. are you running really loud ??.. I thought there might be an overload breaker built in to the unit..I haven't talked to the dealer about it yet..

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't even been listening to it barely Cus I can't even listen for more than a minute at a time. Seems like a short or a connection something electrical. I just don't want a chain reaction of problems from this... but no I never listen on full blast anyway. Just like medium level.

·
96 Posts
Got my new Titan last week. Everything's great except one radio issue. It cuts totally out for exactly 38 sec then plays for about a min and keeps doing that same pattern. When I turn it on in the morning it goes a little while like 10 min then falls back to that pattern. Weird!.. They swapped the head unit right away but didn't fix the problem. Now I've Been waiting almost a week so far, while they figure out the issue and decide on their next move. Has anyone had this issue or any suggestions.? Seems to be just an audio issue bc it does this on Sirius, am/fm and aux mode. Pretty annoying I have a brand new 65k truck and I can't even listen to my radio. Any help would be awesome!.. Thanks
Did they check the extended storage fuse I have seen it pushed halfway in making poor contact and it caused similar issues on other models

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't brought it to them yet. They were trying to figure it out meaning they can't figure it out lol. Hopefully I'll get it taken care of this week. What you said actually sounds like that's what it could be based on the symptoms.. I'll mention it to them. Thanks brotha

·
2 Posts
Same problem

I just got a 2016 xd pro 4x deisel and the stereo is doing the same thing. It seems to happen when I'm driving at higher speeds. I checked that extended storage fuse and it is good. I've only had this truck for 6 days. If you figure it out please let me know.

·
712 Posts
Sounds like the amp is overheating.
I'd guess this truck either has small amps on each speakers, or it's mounted with the factory sub, or under the driver's seat.
Something like that.

Head unit is good, amp is bad or you have a short somewhere. Bad voice coil in a speaker or pinched wire.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts