Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if it is possible to order the swith and parts for the drivers seat to raise the pasanger seat? Or does an aftermarket bracket exist to raise the passenger seat? Wife is on board with purchasing a pro-4x but she wants to be able to see over the dash when riding in it!

·
1,979 Posts
No, highly doubtful you'll ever see anything from a aftermarket company.
Booster seat ?

·
165 Posts
I think my old man did a retro-fit in his jeep. My mom had the same issue of wanting to see over the dash. He immediately regretted it after the install however...

·
929 Posts
Anyone know if it is possible to order the swith and parts for the drivers seat to raise the pasanger seat? Or does an aftermarket bracket exist to raise the passenger seat? Wife is on board with purchasing a pro-4x but she wants to be able to see over the dash when riding in it!
The frame for the passenger seat probably wouldn't allow the installation of the drivers side seat. The other problem you run into modifying the passenger seat is, it could affect the proper operation of the passenger side air bag.

·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The frame for the passenger seat probably wouldn't allow the installation of the drivers side seat. The other problem you run into modifying the passenger seat is, it could affect the proper operation of the passenger side air bag.
Realistically I just need to raise it an inch or two for her. I dont see it interfering with the airbags as she would be sitting no taller than the average guy.

It's the only thing she doesn't like on the truck, and she says she's not sitting on phone books in the new truck! So I'm wounding if I could just machine up an adapter bracket to lift the entire sear assembly 2 inches off of the floor

·
929 Posts
Realistically I just need to raise it an inch or two for her. I dont see it interfering with the airbags as she would be sitting no taller than the average guy.

It's the only thing she doesn't like on the truck, and she says she's not sitting on phone books in the new truck! So I'm wounding if I could just machine up an adapter bracket to lift the entire sear assembly 2 inches off of the floor

There are sensors in the seat frame that sense the amount of weight on the seat to turn off the airbag on that side. If you have the seat removed make sure it is properly torqued when installed and then it needs to have a zero point reset procedure performed to calibrate the sensors.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts