Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been driving a ton of trucks here lately and my mind has been made up .. After debating and really putting both trucks through many similar driving conditions I have gone with a 2016 RAM 1500, 4X4, LARAMIE, CREW, 3.55 GEARS, Keyless enter and go, heated and cooled seats, leather, 8.5 UCONNECT with NAV ..... anyways she is loaded!
I needed a daily driver that can do all things and still get good mpg.

I have been averaging 27 mpg with a 30% city and 70% highway driving.

The power is actually really good with the 8 speed transmission.

Towing 4000 pound trailer and still managing 19 to 20 mpg at 65 mph.

My plan is to run this rig for a few years and see how the Titan and Cummins package evolves. Just like when the ED came out and had issues .. I couldn't pull the trigger on a first gen product that hasn't been proven.

Attachments

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Price was a huge factor in my decision as a PRO-4X with similar options was $10,000 more .. and everything associated with the overall ownership of the XD would cost more. I pit 30,000 a year on my DD so the fuel savings will be better ..

·
124 Posts
I looked at the EcoDiesel as well but after seeing issues across multiple forums and youtube videos I quickly shied away. The XD definitely cost more but your also paying for more capability. Thats a tough decision that everyone must make.

In case you haven't come across these, I have attached two youtubers who own the EcoDiesel that do a fantastic job providing details on what you need to look for, how to properly maintain, and the parts needing upgraded to confidently know your truck will go the distance.

Congrats on your purchase, enjoy your new truck!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEpmd20ULYnSQlZ45B5fHgg/videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGdMWIuirL2wyaCl3x1N1Vg/videos

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Appreciate it guys .. I have watched all of the YouTube videos and know about the 2014 and early 15 issues.
That old tobacco barn just met its match last winter....

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Most I will tow will be an Offshore Boat and Camper around 6000 wet.

I'm no speed demon while towing my toys as I appreciate the limits set by the manufacturer. Having had multiple 2500 Cummins Powered trucks I know that I don't really need a 2500 and as this will be my daily driver the comfort of this rig is above all others at this time.

I'm still going to watch the XD Cummins package and will probably get one in a few years to tackle my future upgrade plans on the boat scale.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts