Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read just about every post on this Nissan Titan XD forum and have come to the conclusion that Ram owners filling up the posts are angry about something. I mean why would Ram lovers even bother coming on a Nissan forum and bash what some people are buying. Why do Ram owners care? Why are Ram owners taking the time to criticize Nissan? All I can come up with is they are not feeling good about their purchase of a Ram. Is it they would like to purchase a Nissan but they are upside down on their Ram? Did they pay the premium price and now they owe twice as much as it’s worth? We get jealous of something we cannot attain so we put down others or find fault in a particular thing to make ourselves feel better. I do feel like that it what’s going on here. I owned a 2014 Ram 3500. I owned a 2013 Ford F350. I can tell you the Ram was a nice truck. It would tow anything you’d throw at it. It was just too uncomfortable for me. My Ford unquestionably was the worse vehicle mechanically I have ever owned. My comfort levels and towing capacities are quite different than other truck owners. The Nissan will do what I need it to do and provide the comfort I enjoy. Does that make me an uneducated or dumb person for buying one? No. My preferences are just different than yours. There is no reason to ridicule a person for their choice. I suggest Ram owners go to the Ram forum and be with like folks there. Spread joy about your truck on the Ram forums. Please let Nissan folks enjoy their forums and learn from like individuals that share a common interest.

·
169 Posts
The question is, since this is clearly aimed at me, why are you so insecure of someone sharing their views on your beloved truck? Regardless what I drive, I was a potential customer that was let down by the end-product that Nissan brought to market.

Here's a shocker: the XD isn't perfect. Nissan could have won over new buyers, but they failed. I might have been one had they lived up to their pre-release hype.

Your entire post, while mildly entertaining (actually not even close), is so off base it's ridiculous. If you have "read just about every post" on here, you would see many folks' reasoning of why they can't justify the truck as-is. So what? Are you that insecure in your little boy shorts you can't stand it? Do those mean guys in their big manly trucks make your knees shake or something?? What a joke.

There has been NO ONE putting anyone down for buying an XD, if that's your choice so be it. Yes, there's going to be lively discussion when people are on polar opposites; there are guys that expected more truck and were let down and have not been quiet about it, nor should we be expected to be. There are guys that it fits the bill for their needs, and that's cool. Great. But an entire thread complaining about guys being here because they just happen to own a different brand vehicle? Get a life guy.

I suggest you get used to it, because I'm not going anywhere and will continue to voice my opinion as will others. It's a forum, enjoy the ride. Can't take the heat get out of the kitchen. Man up. Grow a thicker skin. Put your big boy pants on. There are many cliches I could use...

There doesn't have to be animosity. Everyone can get along. But there are clearly some that have no clue of which they talk, and they will get called out on it, every single time. It's like some choose to be pissed we don't love the truck they just bought and aren't heaping praise upon its flanks about how Nissan killed it and made a great truck and it's the best 1/2 ton ever, and they opt to pick a fight. Hey, I'm game. Pull your head out of your tail long enough to see what we're saying, it's just not rocket science.

·
430 Posts
I have read just about every post on this Nissan Titan XD forum and have come to the conclusion that Ram owners filling up the posts are angry about something. I mean why would Ram lovers even bother coming on a Nissan forum and bash what some people are buying. Why do Ram owners care? Why are Ram owners taking the time to criticize Nissan? All I can come up with is they are not feeling good about their purchase of a Ram. Is it they would like to purchase a Nissan but they are upside down on their Ram? Did they pay the premium price and now they owe twice as much as it’s worth? We get jealous of something we cannot attain so we put down others or find fault in a particular thing to make ourselves feel better. I do feel like that it what’s going on here. I owned a 2014 Ram 3500. I owned a 2013 Ford F350. I can tell you the Ram was a nice truck. It would tow anything you’d throw at it. It was just too uncomfortable for me. My Ford unquestionably was the worse vehicle mechanically I have ever owned. My comfort levels and towing capacities are quite different than other truck owners. The Nissan will do what I need it to do and provide the comfort I enjoy. Does that make me an uneducated or dumb person for buying one? No. My preferences are just different than yours. There is no reason to ridicule a person for their choice. I suggest Ram owners go to the Ram forum and be with like folks there. Spread joy about your truck on the Ram forums. Please let Nissan folks enjoy their forums and learn from like individuals that share a common interest.
Amen! Crazy Ram owners and their crazy stupid torque. What makes them think they can come onto our truck forum and talk about trucks? The nerve of these guys!

·
27 Posts
I don't mind reading the negative opinions. When I drive my XD it doesn't even enter my mind though because for me the truck is awesome :smile2:

·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mr. Mopar really does show his immaturity on this forum. He results to name calling when his feelings get hurt. Just gonna throw this out there, I believe Mr. Mopar is probably under 5' 5' tall, weighs less than 140 pounds, and has stacks in the bed of his Ram and gets off bellowing black smoke on to other drivers. I hate slam someone but his attitude reflects that exact description.

·
430 Posts
Mr. Mopar really does show his immaturity on this forum. He results to name calling when his feelings get hurt. Just gonna throw this out there, I believe Mr. Mopar is probably under 5' 5' tall, weighs less than 140 pounds, and has stacks in the bed of his Ram and gets off bellowing black smoke on to other drivers. I hate slam someone but his attitude reflects that exact description.
I like to catch rude drivers with their window down, near my right rear quarter panel. The discust on their face as they wipe the soot out of their eyes is priceless.

·
363 Posts
I'm not sure how anyone couldn't expect members from other manufacturers to be here to discuss a brand new XD with the new Cummins. Cummins has been almost exclusively in Ram/Dodge pickups so there should be a large presence here.

·
363 Posts
That's one way to momentarily offset low self esteem.

·
36 Posts
Thing is... none of these ram guys are here for any positive interaction. Their here because their angry. Why else would you sit around a forum of a truck you deemed not enough. Mopar (short for more parts used to repair than most makes) and scorpion are definitely trolls though.

·
772 Posts
You seriously started a thread about this? It's a new truck, that no one has bought. So how could it be mostly xd owners? It's going to be made up of people who don't own xd's obviously. Also your butt hurt is so strong, it's the freaking Internet. Get over yourself lol

That's super mature too.

·
72 Posts
I think it's a good thing, I get bored if there isn't some kid trolling the forums stirring the pot, gives me n eye to poke at lol.
Nissan has to love it, shows fear of replacement.
The fact that these guys are solely all over the #'s issue goes along ways to tell me they probably have limited real world towing experience. Kids with tuners, smoky exhaust, a 15' wells cargo trailer with 3 bikes in it going 30 miles into the hills to ride, "I'm a trucker" lol.
Or perhaps it's just that new lil 3.0 there masters created leaves them feeling a bit 'insignifigant'?

·
430 Posts
Thing is... none of these ram guys are here for any positive interaction. Their here because their angry. Why else would you sit around a forum of a truck you deemed not enough. Mopar (short for more parts used to repair than most makes) and scorpion are definitely trolls though.
"Scorpian" here drives a big block Chevy and to a lesser extent, a ford diesel. But I'm not brand loyal. I've owned trucks from all makes except Toyota, but I like them, too. I like it here.

·
20 Posts
Ram owner here. I've followed the development and release of the XD for 1.5 years now. My main interest in this truck was of course the Cummins. I'm by no means brand loyal. The best truck I've ever owned is a Tacoma. The worst was an GMC S15. My 2010 Armada was a close second for being the worst. I don't find the need to debate weather the XD is a better truck than the Ram 2500. They are different classes of trucks. Nissan marketed the XD as in between a 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton and I believe it truly is. With the addition of the Cummins it is the most capable HD 1/2 ton on the market. After looking at my needs for towing and payload capacity the current version falls short, as do all other current 1/2 tons regardless of manufacturer. I chose a Ram for now. I will continue to follow the XD forum because if in the future I don't need the capacity of a 1 ton I will give the XD a serious look. It's reliability will be proven and any design problems or issues will solved. Criticism of the XD, contrary to the option of some on this forum, is beneficial to the continuing improvement of the truck by Nissan. If Nissan listens to truck buyers they will make a few changes and the XD will gain market share from other manufacturers. I enjoy reading the posts of XD owners with their experiences owning the XD and the dealer experience while servicing their XD's. I am particularly interested in reading future posts about reliability, the cost of maintaining the XD, fuel economy, as well as their experiences towing with their trucks. Keep the posts coming, the debate is good.

·
1,300 Posts
This is great!! I was a Ram owner traded off my 3500 for the XD.. Honestly the best decision I could have made.
I've only bought Rams for the Cummins, I hate Dodge products the interiors are nice and flashy but bloody **** why can't they build a truck that doesn't need a front end every 60K and Ford's are the worst build truck out there, my 09 F350 I had was complete sh*t everything rattled. GM was the same our 09 Escalade was a pile, wheel bearing and air ride issues constantly, road noise was aweful....so we traded for a Lexus (best **** suv I've ever driven)

So for me to buy a new Nissan was everything I've been looking for and really a No Brainer... Quality build of an import and a Cummins power plant.

·
20 Posts
My Ram has been a good solid truck so far. The Cummins was big part of why I went with the Ram. After owning an Armada for 5 years, the Cummins is pretty much the only reason I'd give the Titan XD a serious look too.

·
72 Posts
I had a 97 power stroke 1t that I loved, never a single problem with her. Ol man flipped her in a ditch or I'd still have it.
Glad your dodge is being good to you!

·
911 Posts
Any issues with the XD in the cold weather. DEF freezing or anything?

Last weekend was cold, -25C. A couple of no starts because they weren't plugged in and one with an engine light due to the DEF tank that was a solid block of ice from being too full.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts