Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ha so I've been waiting and hoping my 05 silverado would make it for a few more years but that didn't happen. Day before my birthday the oil pan seal busts on the interstate and my engine locks up...she done. Got me a rental; I'm 6'3 and a corolla aint exactly my first choice, and go truck shopping. Not a whole lot of options for me in Newark. Drive around find a nissan dealer test drive the XD SL version they had and loved it. Drove around and found some other dealerships on the island and test drove an F-150, 1500, dodge didn't have one or the time to let me test one. Eco diesel were hard to find and I gave up. Drove the eco boost and the V8 F150, no 250's available and chevy dealer only had the 1500 with v6, never contemplated. Found a PRO4x at another nissan dealership drove it around and decided that was the truck for me. Picked up the PRO4x that Monday and have loved that truck ever since. I've noticed I go really fast without even noticing. Talked with the dealership when I noticed a warning pop up and they said it was part of the emissions cycle. This causes fuel mileage to go down dramatically, from 14 to <8 but only for a few miles. I'm learning more and more about diesels and trying to find some ways to personalize my truck. Going to surf this forum for a bit. I'm active duty AF on Ft Drum. If anybody is nearby and enjoys fishing, hunting or camping shoot me a PM.
Colby

·
56 Posts
Welcome to the site. Everyone who has purchased an XD seems to absolutely LOVE them.

·
904 Posts
Welcome to the site. Diesels need to be worked, they aren't grocery getters. Mileage will drop when doing regens. The harder it is worked the less this will happen. It is done to clean out the crap that builds up in the exhaust. Make sure to read your owners manual about DEF fluid filling. Overfilling in the winter in Northern NY state will cause problems.

·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. Mileage is just over 2k and I can't stop driving!! Understand the regen a bit and filled up the def once put 2 gallons in and the meter says full so I'm not sure if the gauge is 100% accurate. The regen smell can be overwhelming with the heat going. I'm wondering if I should have that looked at? Still feel like a boss driving in this beast and really happy with the ride. Haven't towed anything and have been happy with it in snow and ice. My dad and some others have asked about gelling? Something to do with the fuel is what it sounds like

1 - 5 of 5 Posts