Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RE: Loss of Power?

So i was having issues with how the truck was moving it wouldn't want to accelerate at times. Very similar to some other members on here. but the problem i had on top of that was how it shifted so hard you could feel every gear change and it was annoying as **** in town.

SO i was thinking it was normal maybe because i never had a diesel before. but after reading others posts i took it to Nissan today. and they duplicated the issues i reported on there test drive. well they told me i have to bring it back on tuesday they need to reset some computer and they said the truck will have be reprogrammed and after that i will have to drive it another 500 miles to break in again.

it sounds complicated to me. but when i get names of the things they gonna do ill report back. i really like the fact the guys at the dealership are so willing to help they go above and beyond to accommodate us.

·
1,979 Posts
They are going to flash the computer with updated software, nothing complicated about the procedure.
It's the same thing your phone, computer ect ect does on a daily basis most likely without your knowledge.

·
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i see it on paper now it says

Relearn TCM and linear solenoids per NTB 16-068

yea I'm not very up to date with all of that tech stuff. but i get what u saying seems simple.

·
1,300 Posts
TCM is the transmission computer. And the whole learning thing is the Trans just figuring out how you drive and what the best shift points will be.

·
165 Posts
Just as everyone above says. It's the same when you tune you're engine ecm and your throttle is all wonky feeling. Once you drive it a little, it learns your driving habits and adjusts accordingly. Everything will be great, just happy they were so cooperative and helpful !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts