Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have towed a 31ft Airstream (7200 lbs dry, probably 8000 lbs in actual use) for many years with a 2500 Suburban. Its been a good combination, but, at times the 6 litre v8 lacks the oomph to deal with steep grades. The XD drivetrain looks to be a great fit for this rig- however- I am concerned with the payload and GVWR rating of this truck. An 7 K lb truck with a GVWR of 8800 lbs (?) does not have a lot of wiggle room with a bed cab and a trailer tongue weight of 800 lbs.

The components of the truck suggest it can do more than its rating in this regard, and it certainly has the power it needs, but it makes me a bit nervous. There won't be much of a price difference- at least one that matters- between this and a 3/4 ton Chevy/Ford/Ram. The XD WILL be a nicer truck for the 90% of use it gets when there is no trailer behind it.

Appreciate any thoughts from experienced rig pullers!

·
904 Posts
Hello to a fellow airstream owner! We pull a 25' safari. We are putting a deposit tonight on a xd pro4x. Dealer said they should have it any day now. Hope to be able to pick it up within next week.

·
40 Posts
Hello to a fellow airstream owner! We pull a 25' safari. We are putting a deposit tonight on a xd pro4x. Dealer said they should have it any day now. Hope to be able to pick it up within next week.
Sellitwv is that Westhills Nissan in Moon? You mentioned talking with dealers in the Pittsburgh area on a prior post. I just noticed 3 XDs in the area. Their sister store Pittsburgh East has an SL and Star in Greensburg has a PR. Star did get theirs in today they are asking $68K from what I hear.

·
904 Posts
I have a deposit on a black pro4x in Lancaster ohio. I didn't want all the bells and whistles. Just a truck I can haul my camper with and go out in the woods and get a load of firewood. And some 2x4s and plywood with our construction business. This one just might for the bill was hoping to spend under 50k but you know how that goes.

·
40 Posts
Good luck let us know how the negotiating goes and how you like it. The pro4x is the one I intend on going with as well and black for that matter. I want to wait for the gasser and test them side by side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts