Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a few hours this weekend to add parts to the truck that had been sitting on my bench too long.
First - the truck has Rough Country 3” kit. It came with rear shock spacers. I swapped in Bilstein 5160s and the billet clamps. Tundra guys rave about the setup, initial drive is slightly stiffer but well controlled.

Second item I added is Rigid SR-Q pro diffused flush mount backup lights. I put them on a dash switch from AOB. Centered between the reverse sensors and down 2” from bumper pad clears everything. I drilled 4 corners and then used a jigsaw, it was quite easy. Did cold galv the cut and then screw them in. Note that the color cover is just plastic with actual bumper metal underneath.

·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody on this site seems to do build threads, but I’ll add more to this one as I go. I while back I swapped out the fog lights for Baja Designs SAE amber. These are street legal, decent output (nowhere near their sports or pros) and easy install. I bought their brackets and they provided adapter harness. Works on factory switch.

Fun swap, I cut down their harness since it was way too long for no reason.

·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used Nissan Push Switch 207 for my Rough Country 20” bar on the front and Push Switch 2B04 for the backup lights. These are the smaller lower row of switches by your left knee. Use the search on the aironboard website and they come up. The factory blank pops out, these pop in, no cutting needed.

·
220 Posts
Nice looking truck.

I've been supremely lazy. I think this weekend is gonna be my huge project weekend.

Have to mount up my RC front and rear bumpers, Bilstein 6150 with bullet brackets,, Lund fender flares and install my grille lights.

I believe I'm almost due to change my oil, filter and fuel filters as well. I also have a new filter for my Afe CAI.

I think I'll have to remove my 2020 tailgate finisher and redo the 3M 30 lbs tape. The passenger side didn't set too well, now there's a gap forming. I'll have to take a heat gun to the tape before I apply it this time around.

·
220 Posts
I finally got around to installing my RC front and rear bumpers, my Bilstein 5160 rear shocks and HUD. I also changed my oil and filter, fuel filters and air filter.

Next week I should be able to mount my grille LEDs, Bilstein 5100 front shocks and fender flares.

I used yellow LED cubes for the "fog lights" over the provided RC cubes. I made new harnesses for the LEDs as the provided ones were kind of crappy and thin gauged wire.

·
175 Posts
How do you like the 5160's? I'm thinking of doing 5100 front and 5160 rear myself.

Stay frosty

1 - 8 of 8 Posts