Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just bought my truck and travel trailer a couple weeks ago - Jayco 34RSBS and 2016 Titan XD Diesel Platinum Reserve. Went with the Titan based on the stated towing capacity but didn't realize the reduced payload capacity for the Platinum Reserve and got a little concerned when I started looking into it

Got on the CAT scales yesterday with an essentially empty trailer and half tank of diesel and.... The weight on the rear axle was 5000 lbs. Sticker GAWR is 4900 lbs. Should I be concerned? Or possibly look at mods to give me some peace of mind (anyone know the weak link in the rear GAWR?). Any other thoughts? Trailer loading considerations?

·
41 Posts
That's with a properly set up wdh? Level in front just like before hooking trailer up? Sometimes it takes playing with the tilt of the ball and height of hitch to get it all dialed in right. What was the front axle weight? What wdh?

·
669 Posts
Agree with the post above.

A set of Timbrens or Air bags and a PROPERLY set up WDH should bring it down a good bit.

I always take my tools and find a nice level parking lot and tinker with it.

·
64 Posts
I have the Roadmaster Active Suspension on my '18 and I love it. No worries about airbag leaks and it helps the overall handling. I pull a 34' fifth wheel and my rear
squat was 1¾". The pic is at a poor angle, but I think you can see that it sits level.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts