Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep Just got it in the mail Nissan has determined that your TITAN XD Diesel was manufactured with OBD calibration that may not allow the exhaust gas sensor monitors to run as FREQUENTLY as required to determine if the sensors are performing as intended. Do i really want them to fix this.Anybody have some thoughts on this

·
153 Posts
My interpretation of the recall is for the NOx sensors to sample the exhaust stream more frequently. This may lead to a change in DEF consumption but should have no impact on regen

·
19 Posts
I would like to know what is “more often”. Are we talking every ten minutes, or 10 milliseconds. If it’s milliseconds or even seconds, I doubt it would effect regen much if at all.

·
269 Posts
Jbouy is right, the NOx sensors are part of the aftertreatment for the SCR system (selective catalytic reduction) which uses DEF fluid in the decomposition chamber to reduce/eliminate NOx out the tailpipe.

The regeneration cycle is for the particulate filter to build substantial heat/exhaust temps to burn off accumulated soot. The differential pressure switch determines when that happens when the filter gets restricted to a certain threshold. Regen would be unaffected by this ECM reprogram.

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The dealers seem to think it's more for california trucks the notice did say if you live there they will not let you renew the your tabs without the work being done.

·
147 Posts
It has been 3 weeks since mine has had the recall. It has had 2 regens since the update both occurred later then I thought. The second one was almost 100 miles later then I thought. My driving habits didn’t change if anything I may have did a little more city driving. My mileage seems to be up 1 or 2 miles per gallon. Hard to gauge mileage since they are switching to summer blend from winter blend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
147 Posts
Well so much for longer regen intervals. I just started a regen this morning about 150 miles sooner then I expected. Bought fuel in same location no difference in driving habits. Only notable difference is the weather we probably had rain 5 out of the last 7 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
25 Posts
I just had my oil changed this week and the service crew asked if I wanted the update. I said hell to the effing no. My truck has been running great (albeit with at least one regen per tank) for 56,000 miles with very little def usage. I am sure as heck not messing with it. The crew just said, "OK, just let us know EVERY TIME you bring in the truck to not do the update." I said no prob. They didn't give me any trouble with it at all. They couldn't explain what exactly it was for, however. Now, about the 2.5 hour wait to get my oil changed with almost nobody else there....that is a different story....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts