Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
2016 Titan XD PRO-4X 5.0L Cummins
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 Titan XD PRO-4X 5.0L Cummins - Bone Stock no mods

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has received this turbocharger boos control error code (P00AF) at approx 47K miles. this seems like pretty low miles for a cummins turbocharger to be having issues. I have read that issues with the turbo that throw this code are commonly caused by a bad boost control solenoid valve on the turbo. I've also heard it can be caused by ERG problems, where excess soot builds up in the turbo system.

I am curious if anyone has received this code and had any successful fixes. I am still under powertrain warranty fortunately, so hopefully the dealership will be able to solve this issue.

Thanks!

·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
More than likely it’s the turbo actuator.
Thanks for the reply. Is that the piece that sits on the back of the engine block? i watched a video about something similar but not exactly sure. Thanks.

·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, right at the back of the intake manifold connected by a swing arm...

View attachment 45804
Thanks so much. Took it into the dealership today and the check engine light shut off as I pulled in lol. Kinda a mess, but I at least have it documented from auto one from only a day ago so hopefully they can still diagnose it. It may just be a bad sensor considering that the light now shut off before any diagnosis.

·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dealership said it is the "Rotary Actuator Control Valve." Parts on backorder, sad days ahead. Maybe they'll pay for a rental? haha

·
46 Posts
Vann5, can you post the install process, please or just let us know if the new Actuator needs to be reprogrammed to the truck?

Thanks for the help

·
12 Posts
Have the same code at 48K miles. After contacting over 125 Nissan dealerships over the last several months, the part is on national backorder with no ETA at any dealership. Had it sent off to AVI Electronics in Palatine, IL, for a rebuild. $650 later, the part is back on my truck. Now the turbo is going out. With the same delay in shipping...."no ETA at any dealer." Has anyone ever put on an aftermarket turbo? If so, where did you get it? (I'm at wits end, and this truck is about to be categorized as junk.)

·
1,344 Posts
If you’re going to junk it, I’ll be happy to come get it.....LOL. Seriously though, sorry to see you are having these problems.

·
1,344 Posts
Dealership said it is the "Rotary Actuator Control Valve." Parts on backorder, sad days ahead. Maybe they'll pay for a rental? haha
AVI Electronics rebuilds them with two days turn around.... That won’t be covered by warranty though, strictly out of pocket

·
294 Posts
AVI Electronics rebuilds them with two days turn around.... That won’t be covered by warranty though, strictly out of pocket
So, having just come out of a 3-month "hurry up & wait" for the actuator (got my truck back 2 weeks ago after leaving it with the dealership in early July), I have to wonder: If you go the rebuild route, what happens to your warranty? If the turbo fails after the Actuator is replaced (which seems to be fairly common), will we get screwed when they say "well, you voided your warranty with a remanufactured part"?!

I love my truck, but I'm thinking about selling/trading it...

·
1,158 Posts
So, having just come out of a 3-month "hurry up & wait" for the actuator (got my truck back 2 weeks ago after leaving it with the dealership in early July), I have to wonder: If you go the rebuild route, what happens to your warranty? If the turbo fails after the Actuator is replaced (which seems to be fairly common), will we get screwed when they say "well, you voided your warranty with a remanufactured part"?!

I love my truck, but I'm thinking about selling/trading it...
You have to wonder if a Nissan tech could even spot a difference with a rebuilt actuator.

I called AVI and just asked what they are doing to these units and he would only tell me that the internal parts that actually move the valve open/closed are weak. So, externally it looks the same, which a Nissan tech wouldn’t even notice, anyways.

·
1 Posts

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has received this turbocharger boos control error code (P00AF) at approx 47K miles. this seems like pretty low miles for a cummins turbocharger to be having issues. I have read that issues with the turbo that throw this code are commonly caused by a bad boost control solenoid valve on the turbo. I've also heard it can be caused by ERG problems, where excess soot builds up in the turbo system.

I am curious if anyone has received this code and had any successful fixes. I am still under powertrain warranty fortunately, so hopefully the dealership will be able to solve this issue.

Thanks!

Hi all,

Thanks!
My 2016 xd has 54000 my warranty went out by the date I got the code pooaf turbo actuator it cost me 1700 out of pocket I’m having it put on today I hope it fixes the problem I’m not going through the dealership they are a bunch of crooks

·
9 Posts
I would love to know if anyone has replaced the actuator (rebuilt or new); does it have to be reprogrammed?
Thanks!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts