Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
2016 Titan XD PRO-4X 5.0L Cummins
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 Titan XD PRO-4X 5.0L Cummins - Bone Stock no mods

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has received this turbocharger boos control error code (P00AF) at approx 47K miles. this seems like pretty low miles for a cummins turbocharger to be having issues. I have read that issues with the turbo that throw this code are commonly caused by a bad boost control solenoid valve on the turbo. I've also heard it can be caused by ERG problems, where excess soot builds up in the turbo system.

I am curious if anyone has received this code and had any successful fixes. I am still under powertrain warranty fortunately, so hopefully the dealership will be able to solve this issue.

Thanks!

·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
More than likely it’s the turbo actuator.
Thanks for the reply. Is that the piece that sits on the back of the engine block? i watched a video about something similar but not exactly sure. Thanks.

·
1,067 Posts
It’s basically ‘in-between’ the high pressure and low pressure sides of the turbo, from what I see on the diagram.

·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, right at the back of the intake manifold connected by a swing arm...

View attachment 45804
Thanks so much. Took it into the dealership today and the check engine light shut off as I pulled in lol. Kinda a mess, but I at least have it documented from auto one from only a day ago so hopefully they can still diagnose it. It may just be a bad sensor considering that the light now shut off before any diagnosis.

·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dealership said it is the "Rotary Actuator Control Valve." Parts on backorder, sad days ahead. Maybe they'll pay for a rental? haha

·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dealership said it is the "Rotary Actuator Control Valve." Parts on backorder, sad days ahead. Maybe they'll pay for a rental? haha
Is this the same as the turbo "wastegate actuator"?

·
46 Posts
Vann5, can you post the install process, please or just let us know if the new Actuator needs to be reprogrammed to the truck?

Thanks for the help

1 - 11 of 11 Posts