Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a favor from someone who already has an XD --

If you get a chance, could you measure the trailer hitch receiver height from the ground to the top of the receiver?

Went and looked at an XD today and it seems really high but I wasn't carrying a tape measure -- trying to figure out if I will need a new weight distributing hitch head to tow my Airstream.

Thanks,

Mike

·
149 Posts
Haven't measured it but they are 2" higher then previous Titans. If your hitch is adjustable you may not have to buy a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
149 Posts
Need a favor from someone who already has an XD --

If you get a chance, could you measure the trailer hitch receiver height from the ground to the top of the receiver?

Went and looked at an XD today and it seems really high but I wasn't carrying a tape measure -- trying to figure out if I will need a new weight distributing hitch head to tow my Airstream.

Thanks,

Mike

My pro4x is 21.5". The platinum and SL will be slightly higher due to tire size.

·
492 Posts
My pro4x is 21.5". The platinum and SL will be slightly higher due to tire size.
Pro4X tires are 275/65/R18 (approximately 32.1 inches diameter depending on brand)
Platinum Reserve tires are 265/60/R20 (approximately 32.5 inches in diameter depending on brand)

Platinum Reserve tire is 4/10 inches in diameter larger, or just 2/10 of an inch taller than the Pro4X tires from the ground to the hitch.

·
29 Posts
reciever hitch height

Titan XD SL to top of receiver hitch 22" I had to adjust my equalizer hitch 1" from my old Toyota Tundra 2003. The big difference is that the Titan doesn't set down with the 28' 7,000 lb. trailer on, as the Toyota did.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts