Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like Nissan mentioned that they're going to redesign the 2017 titan with gas V8!

Quote:

"The new Titan pulls heavy styling inspiration from its beefier brother the XD but lacks that truck’s 5-liter Cummins V8. Instead the 2017 half-ton Titan Crew Cab is powered by Nissan’s 5.6-liter, 390-horsepower Endurance V8 gasoline engine. "

Would this make you change your decision in getting the new titan over the titan XD?

·
492 Posts
The Titan XD made my decision to purchase something different easier. The XD doesn't meet my all of my needs or wants.
I am looking forward to driving the new 2017 Titan non-XD, but I am hoping they will sell it with a console shifter.

I will test drive all of them and other brands as well before I decide, but I am leaning toward the NON-XD for my overall needs. Your needs are probably different.

If the 5.6 Endurance XD "KING CAB" is shorter and lighter than the heavy Cummins Crew Cab, it might have a chance.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
They have already shown the 2017 regular titan at the recent autoshow's. Very very similar look to the xd. Just down sized slightly.

·
658 Posts
Looks like Nissan mentioned that they're going to redesign the 2017 titan with gas V8!

Quote:

"The new Titan pulls heavy styling inspiration from its beefier brother the XD but lacks that truck’s 5-liter Cummins V8. Instead the 2017 half-ton Titan Crew Cab is powered by Nissan’s 5.6-liter, 390-horsepower Endurance V8 gasoline engine. "

Would this make you change your decision in getting the new titan over the titan XD?
Huh ???:question:Did anyone actually think the regular Titan WOULDN'T have a gas V8?

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Yeah I was a little confused by the original post.
If you don't need the extra capabilities of the xd then wait for the regular titan.

·
492 Posts
Huh ???:question:Did anyone actually think the regular Titan WOULDN'T have a gas V8?
No confusion, this is old news, but the new 5.6 Direct Injection model is new and improved. If the new Titan weighs about the same as the old model, it should be pretty quick for a 1/2 ton truck.

·
203 Posts
Are there changes to the actual design of the Titan, or is it just that it now has another engine option?
It's going to look very similar to the xd on the exterior, a bit shorter on the length mainly due to a 5.5ft bed, and an inch or 2 shorter on height. The interior will be identical.

·
1,979 Posts
Cummins or nothin'
That's definitely a blanket statement, especially when a non deleted diesel these days will almost certainly cause more headaches & not really much more advantages in a light/medium duty setting.
In Heavy duty segments is a different story.

·
911 Posts
Are there changes to the actual design of the Titan, or is it just that it now has another engine option?
Looks similar to the XD but completely different platform. Smaller in size. Crew, King and Regular cabs, 5.5, 6.5 and 8 ft boxes. V-8 and V-6 options.

Like the XD it only suppose to be Crew cab V-8's on initial release.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
There isn't a brochure out yet for the regular titan that I know of. Only the XD brochure available

·
658 Posts
I think this thread proves what a mistake it is to name the trucks Titan XD and Titan. Unless you have followed Nissan's trucks development, you're probably severely confused on what is a Titan, Titan XD... which one is gas and which one is diesel.

I think Nissan has an education problem on their hands

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
I agree. I guess having followed development all along I don't question the different models. But someone new to it must be getting confused.
To sum it up there is only the diesel xd available right now, the gas version of the xd pricing just got released. On sale very soon. 2017 regular titan general info just got released. It will have a very similar look to the xd but a little smaller. It won't go on sale until closer to the fall. The xd is for the person who is looking for an extra duty half ton. The regular titan will be the person who tows sub 10,000 at most.

·
38 Posts
They can't down size the truck as Im reading from the XD. For education purposes it the same cab we had in 2004. I highly doubt they will design a new cab for the truck with a gas. So that being said they may shorten the box and bring out a old regular cab version and drop the xd but its still a titan....

·
38 Posts
Don't expect much in the way of looks....

"Titan shares its aggressive style with the Titan XD, but the two vehicles are completely different underneath the skin," said Nissan's North America trucks chief, Fred Diaz. "Titan will compete in the heart of the full-size pickup segment -- the half-ton -- while the Titan XD provides a unique solution for customers by bridging the cost and capability gap between traditional half-ton and full heavy-duty pickups. Between Titan and Titan XD, we will cover about 85% of the full-size truck market."

The new Titan will be available in 4x2 and 4x4 drive configurations, and with three different bed lengths. The only engine option available at launch will be a 5.6 liter V8 with 390 horsepower, although a V6 gasoline engine will be offered later on.

The new Titan will be built at Nissan's plant in Canton, Mississippi.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts