Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
2016 Titan XD Diesel
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen several posts about the reduced engine power warning, but I haven't seen the check engine light with it. I got the warning yesterday while on the interstate (75 mph). It did not seem to lose power, I checked all the gauges and everything was normal. The warning went away after about 8-10 miles, but the check engine light is staying on. 2016 Titan XD 5.0 with 69k miles. Just asking before I take it in. I have not had the best experience with the service department at my dealer being straight with me.

·
190 Posts
Pull the codes and post them, please. Without those, it's really hard to pick a starting point. Could be fuel pressure, could be DEF system, could be injector, turbo or turbo actuator.

Stay frosty

·
57 Posts
check on coolant level sensor. It is inside the coolant reservoir. It shut down my engine and prevent it from starting for about 4 hrs. Also check on the connector of the map sensor too. last time I brought in the dealer, they told me the connector was loosen. I never got it disconnect but they told me so. good luck

·
57 Posts
the dealer told me that the coolant level sensor is need to replace which is it only sale along with reservior. I placed an order online but it is been 3 wks but they not sent out yet. I'm still waiting for the parts. That is not cover under powertrain warranty. it is emission control warranty which is 60k miles only.

·
856 Posts
First off- that part is on national back order. That’s why you haven’t got it yet.

Second, yes- it should be covered under power train warranty. Mine was- just had it replaced about a week ago.

·
629 Posts
My 2016 at 68000 blew the egr and coolant sensor. It was covered under warranty even though I had non Nissan coolant. It took three days to get the egr and a Nissan Corp nation wide search and over three weeks to get the coolant reservoir. Been great since. Nissan beloved the egr had a flaw since day one.

·
57 Posts
First off- that part is on national back order. That’s why you haven’t got it yet.

Second, yes- it should be covered under power train warranty. Mine was- just had it replaced about a week ago.
my dealer told me it is a part of emission which cover only 60k miles. They denied the claim. They want 325 for it and also want replace the turbo actuator too. for the coolant reservoir it is only 120 from online and it would take about 30 mins to replace so I decided to do myself. I had order since the 10th of this month. They never sent it out yet.

·
629 Posts
What states are you in? Emissions parts have different warranty from state to state. For me it is 80 in Ca on our truck. You may want to try opening a case with Nissan.

·
2016 Titan XD Diesel
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pull the codes and post them, please. Without those, it's really hard to pick a starting point. Could be fuel pressure, could be DEF system, could be injector, turbo or turbo actuator.

Stay frosty
The codes were P00B7 & P2560 which are both a low coolant reading. The check engine light has actually gone off, but I still had the codes pulled. I added probably a cup of coolant before it started coming out of the overflow. It hasn't registered a code sense.

·
190 Posts
Make sure you keep an eye on your coolant level. If it drops again, you more than likely have a cracked EGR cooler that can led to big issues if ignored.

Stay frosty

·
3 Posts
I recently had the same problem with my 2017. Dealer replaced the coolant sensor that was giving the P007 code. Under warranty, but I only have about 56k miles on mine. I think my previous 2016 Titan only had the 60k warranty, but somebody rear ended me pretty badly so I ended up with my 2017.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts