Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just looking to see if anyone else has received a reduced engine power warning on the highway? Comes on for a few seconds then disappears. Does this have anything to do with the Regen Cycle? It's not the amber triangle warning I've gotten before during Regen, but a red one. Seems to clear up in a few seconds then doesn't return on the same driving "session".

·
224 Posts
I have not seen that, and Cummins asked me specifically today while on a tour if I had seen any spurious MIL indications during normal operations; maybe they are still working out interfaces between the body control module and the engine control module.

MB

·
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not seen that, and Cummins asked me specifically today while on a tour if I had seen any spurious MIL indications during normal operations; maybe they are still working out interfaces between the body control module and the engine control module.

MB
Interesting. It appears, beeps, then clears. Doesn't seem to lower my RPM's either.

·
904 Posts
Only thing that ever happened to mine like that was a light that came in was a SERVICE ELECTRONIC THROTTLE CONTROL. it happened at 429 miles and hasn't been back on yet. I am now at 5500 ish miles... Didn't decrease engine power though

Attachments

·
413 Posts
Yes, mine has done it 2 or 3 times but haven't seen it in a couple months

·
50 Posts
Just looking to see if anyone else has received a reduced engine power warning on the highway? ".

I had this happen in the first 1k miles. Dealer said it was a specification window on a sensor that was set too narrow. And Cummings Nissan where aware of it and reset it. And they said we will see if it happens again and Nissan was working to widen the window so it wouldn't be triggered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
149 Posts
I had this happen in the first 1k miles. Dealer said it was a specification window on a sensor that was set too narrow. And Cummings Nissan where aware of it and reset it. And they said we will see if it happens again and Nissan was working to widen the window so it wouldn't be triggered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine came on a couple of times but hasn't come one in a couple of months. They must have fixed that issue.

·
4 Posts
Not sure if this will help, but I brought my PRO4X to the dealership today to have another issue looked at (loose steering) and they installed an update for the ECU, said it had a recall due to computer throwing codes that wasn't valid. Mine has a little over 2k miles and has never given me any problems other than the steering, and that may be me just trying to believe something is wrong with it..... Hopefully this new update doesnt screw me!

·
224 Posts
Not sure if this will help, but I brought my PRO4X to the dealership today to have another issue looked at (loose steering) and they installed an update for the ECU, said it had a recall due to computer throwing codes that wasn't valid. Mine has a little over 2k miles and has never given me any problems other than the steering, and that may be me just trying to believe something is wrong with it..... Hopefully this new update doesnt screw me!
That's a good thing-- at least they recognize there is room for improving the product.

MB

·
88 Posts
Just had it happen again today while idling in the parking lot for about 3 minutes. Only this time it stayed on for about a minute. I'm going to take the truck in on Monday to have it checked out. The first time it happened was while driving on the highway and it only lasted 2-3 seconds.

·
2 Posts
Mine hit today and I'm thankful for finding this forum so I could quit worrying until I get it to the dealer tomorrow. I was driving home on a country road at about 45mph when I crested a small hill and it came out, lasting for about 1 minute.

·
2 Posts
Cariggs

Well @ 15,500 miles it came on an off three times coming up I75. The dealers says eithe DEF fluid or coolant.

·
1,637 Posts
No problem. Tuned or stock it will still happen. When you check the coolant level make sure to open the cap and actually look inside the tank to verify the level and not go by how it looks through the outside

·
1,324 Posts
No problem. Tuned or stock it will still happen. When you check the coolant level make sure to open the cap and actually look inside the tank to verify the level and not go by how it looks through the outside
I can see through my reservoir real good (and have that milliom mile red color peak) but that may be wrong?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts