Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
1,644 Posts
They tend to get stained and look full. Just good practice to look inside or squeeze the upper hose and make sure you see the coolant move in the bottle

·
4 Posts
2016 XD with 134,000 miles... Just received notice of reduced engine power.. after seeing def issue previous day. ?? will report after my findings

·
7 Posts
Just looking to see if anyone else has received a reduced engine power warning on the highway? Comes on for a few seconds then disappears. Does this have anything to do with the Regen Cycle? It's not the amber triangle warning I've gotten before during Regen, but a red one. Seems to clear up in a few seconds then doesn't return on the same driving "session".
Ive had this twice on my 2016 titan xd . Dealer found I was low on coolant 3 quarts. Had truck back to dealer for ecm recall and had them check egr cooler for leak. Cooler is leaking that was my problem for the reduced power . Dealer ordered new egr cooler

·
1 Posts
I have 58,000 on my 2016 Titan X Diesel. I was pulling a 16 ft dual axle enclosed trailer (approx 3500 lbs) on a 1300 mile round trip over the July 4th weekend. About 60 miles from home the "Waring Engine Power Reduced" message came on stayed on for a few minutes and went out also the check engine light came on and stayed on. I was running at 70 with cruise on in tow mode when the warning came on. Still was able to run at 70 just wouldn't rev past 2500 RPM. I even got a message on my audio system and a email from Nissan stating the check engine light was on and it could be a miss fire, or a fuel cap loose or emissions issue (I did pull over and check the fuel cap even loosen and retighten it). This was the first time I have seen this Warning Reduced Engine Power ever. I continued in my trip and the Warning continued to come on then go out and I noticed the light mostly came on after I filled the fuel tank up full and it got down to right around the 3/4 full mark on the gauge and the Check Engine Light stayed on the whole time after the first Warning. Right before I got to my destination I had to make a detour and ran the fuel tank to almost empty, when I filled it I only put in 3/4 tank of fuel cause it was so high priced and only had to go about 50 miles to my destination. When I got to my destination the Check Engine light was still on, the next morning I went to move my truck the Check engine light went out.

I still had right at 3/4 tank of fuel when I left on my way back home at 1/2 tank the Warning Engine Power Reduced and the "check engine light" came on! The rest of the way home the Warning light would come on and go out and the "check engine light" stayed on. I tried running with the Tow Mode off, Cruise off, changing up speed (not driving at 75 constantly) it didn't make any difference. Driving at 75 MPH or at 45 MPH warning came on went out, driving on interstate or two lanes stop and go through towns, up and down hills, made no difference!! When I got home I dropped off the trailer and made a couple of short trips around town and the Check Engine Light was still on, this morning I got in my truck to go to work and the check engine light went out!

Also I had just put 2.5 gallons of Valvoline DEF fluid in my truck at a few days before the trip (when the DEF 35% low waring had came on) I reset the DEF warning on my dash maintenance screen to 0, and at 1200 miles showing on the DEF maintenance screen the DEF low warning came back on (while all this was going on). Normally I get about 2750 between the DEF low warning coming on. I have made the same trip before pulling the same trailer loaded the same at least twice and have never used this much DEF fluid but I did have to have my DEF tank replaced and Turbo gate replace along with my computer resent since my last trip pulling the trailer. I have an appointment on Wednesday to have it checked at the dealership and the recall for the OBD calibration done and will advise what they find!

FOLLOW UP-------------------------------------------------------------

Got my truck back from the dealer last night. It was the same issue as Jeffq, the EGR cooler was leaking they had to replace the cooler and refill! Seems like this is a on going problem with the Titan XD diesel. They said it was not the first one and they had the cooler in stock, when a dealer has a cooler in stock that tells me this is not a uncommon issue. Having been a maintenance mechanic (both vehicles and industrial) for over 45 years I know for a fact companies normally don't keep parts in stock unless they have had previous incidents of the part failing. Especially an item for a diesel truck that there was so few sold and the cost of keeping an item of the shelf you may never need!!! I also noticed there was a "core charge" for the part on the paperwork they gave at the dealership so that means it is an item they can remanufacture so I am wondering how long before it goes out again. If anyone else has this problem they need to notify the NHTSA!! As some of you have said I did not lose power but it would go pass about 2700 RPM when I stepped down on the pedal. If I had been passing on a two lane road (as in some of the area I was driving) or had another vehicle or following too close when I did lose power and it wouldn't accelerate there could have been a accident. It was jumping in and out of passing gear as I was going up some of the hills trying to keep 70 MPH and I had cars right on my tail that were going around me! I will be filing a complaint today with the NHTSA!

·
1 Posts
So my refill DEF warning came on last night so I stopped and topped off Diesel and refilled DEF and then I had this warning light come on that I have never seen before
and the worst part is now the damn engine light is on. What the hell is going onwith this damn truck now. It's always something

·
12 Posts
Same issue have 141K. Taking to dealer this afternoon. Any update you can share. Thxs!
I took my 17 xd in with 45,000 miles and check engine light and Reduced Engine Power Warning. I was not noticing any real difference but not really pushing the motor. It turned out it was a coolant reservoir low level sensor. Very simple issue. I am wondering if it was caused by the coolant system flush I did a week ago?

·
679 Posts
I took my 17 xd in with 45,000 miles and check engine light and Reduced Engine Power Warning. I was not noticing any real difference but not really pushing the motor. It turned out it was a coolant reservoir low level sensor. Very simple issue. I am wondering if it was caused by the coolant system flush I did a week ago?
I had this error pop up while towing a 10k trailer through the mountains of Virginia... coolant level was low so I topped it off and it went away. Came back on a week later just driving around. Dealer replaced EGR cooler but the error came back an hour after I picked it up. Turned out to the the coolant bottle sensor. Took them a while to get a replacement. I don't know if they put the old EGR cooler back on or not, but I suspect they may have.

·
12 Posts
I had this error pop up while towing a 10k trailer through the mountains of Virginia... coolant level was low so I topped it off and it went away. Came back on a week later just driving around. Dealer replaced EGR cooler but the error came back an hour after I picked it up. Turned out to the the coolant bottle sensor. Took them a while to get a replacement. I don't know if they put the old EGR cooler back on or not, but I suspect they may have.
it is great that there is protection for these motors - must cost a fortune. But I wish there was a code that came with the error so you don't need to plug in an ODBII device to see what it is - how hard can it be to give error with P00B7 so I can look it up?

·
1 Posts
it is great that there is protection for these motors - must cost a fortune. But I wish there was a code that came with the error so you don't need to plug in an ODBII device to see what it is - how hard can it be to give error with P00B7 so I can look it up?
Exactly. so annoying w/ all the screens on the Titan. They couldn't give you the codes. I guess I need to buy an ODBII device. Also my titan is in the shop waiting on an egr cooler. Seems like my truck constantly has the check engine light on. So frustrated w/ it at this point.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts