Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have experienced two "reduced engine power" warnings when firmly applying the brakes while coming to a stop at an intersection. The warning goes away after proceeding from a stop at the intersection.
Has anyone else had this problem? I have an appointment at the shop to check this out.

·
1 Posts
I also experienced the " reduced engine power" warning while driving at low speed a couple days ago. I was in traffic and not able to get above 30mph for a minute or so. I haven't seen it since then.

·
99 Posts
I have experienced two "reduced engine power" warnings when firmly applying the brakes while coming to a stop at an intersection. The warning goes away after proceeding from a stop at the intersection.
Has anyone else had this problem? I have an appointment at the shop to check this out.
I have this issue too. It is a kink in their software. There are a couple threads on here with content about it.

·
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Went to the dealer service today. They upgraded the ECM software. Hopefully this will take care of the problem.
My dealer has given me great service. Hats off to them.

·
224 Posts
Ive had it pop up several times while coming up to a red stop light.
Footloose;

In your photo I notice the speed at zero but the RPM's up around 750; have you noticed if that that idle rpm is consistent with the warning? I checked my normal idle rpm and it is about 600, yours may indicate the warning during a regen cycle.

Yet another reason we should get some annunciation of regen. Dammit.

MB

·
27 Posts
Had my first one hit today. going in for service on Monday. I was told to check my DEF fluid by the service rep on the phone. I mentioned that I had only put 1k miles on veh, and my display was telling me that it was full. needless to say I went and managed to get 2 gallons in def tank. so guess the digital readout of def is inaccurate as well.

·
149 Posts
Had my first one hit today. going in for service on Monday. I was told to check my DEF fluid by the service rep on the phone. I mentioned that I had only put 1k miles on veh, and my display was telling me that it was full. needless to say I went and managed to get 2 gallons in def tank. so guess the digital readout of def is inaccurate as well.

It's not your def fluid. And for the def fluid, only put in a full jug when it says it's low because if you overfill it in the winter, the def fluid will freeze and break fittings and l hoses. And as for the reduced power warning, I've had it 3 times and it always disappeared right away and have never had any issues. These trucks are connected to Nissan wirelessly (if you allow it) and anything that happens to the truck, Nissan will know about it.

·
1,979 Posts
The DEF gauges are setup like that for whatever reason.

·
171 Posts
Had the same issue eventually it threw a CEL for a problem with the EGR system. Had the dealer update all the software on the truck and it hasn't come back and runs much much better now.

·
99 Posts
Update:

About 1500 miles later, have a regular check engine light.

Brought the truck into the dealer. Will report back with results.

·
7 Posts
I read in the manual that it's ok if the power reduced message comes on as long as it's for a few seconds. If it's stays on, then it needs to checked out at the dealer. I have over 22000 miles on mine and have seen this message 6 or 7 times, only staying on for a few seconds.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts